Things I'd like to hear from my husband...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Good Wolf said:
Not to brag but...

1. Honey, you look beautiful today. I don't say 'today' because she is perty every day.

3. Thank you for mowing the lawn and keeping up with all the household chores both inside and out. We both do the same amount of chores around the house. We should probably do them more often but would rather spend our time lounging and playing.

4. Thank you for letting me crash on the couch all morning and read comic books. She is the one reading, I usually watching the boob tube or playing Rock Band.

7. How about you sleep in this weekend and I get up with Oliver? I tried to let her sleep in on Mother's Day but I ended up crashing on the couch and DD went in her room begging for Cherios. I did however protect her from DD while taking a four hour nap on Sunday.

8. I'm so thankful that you pay all the bills. I told her this just the other day. It is good to have a CFO in the relationship.

10. I'm sorry for disrespecting you. I've never had to say sorry for that, and I sure hope I never will.

12. I'm sorry for begging for sex everyday. I just dive in and if the water isn't right I'll go towel off.

13. Thank you for letting me spend hundreds of dollars on action figures and comic books every week. I thank her for putting up with my Aquatic hobby, and she reminds me that she started it and if it were up to here the house would be lined with tanks and plants.

19. I'm sorry for bitching about you spending $50 on eBay for a Halloween costume when I spend thousands of dollars myself on ridiculous things. I like it when she spends money on stuff because it makes me feel better when I do. When I really think about it most of our purchases are mutual, and neither one of us really spend money on anything other than going out to eat, and eating in.

It just goes to show that two people can have horrible marriages, and then end up in the best marriage imaginable.
:wub: I'm the luckiest woman ever!!! :wubclub:

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Aw Lissa, I agree. You need to talk to him about it, when he is calm. Maybe you two could pick a "couple's day" and do something together once a week and see if that helps any.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'd like to hear:
"I bought a ten million life insurance policy and you are the beneficary" *as he lights up another cig*

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Married eight years, seperated six or seven years. I lost count. We haven't lived together that long either. Yes I am a bit hateful. He chose his alcohol over me and his children. His loss. He could at least leave me something. :)

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
musicmom said:
Married eight years, seperated six or seven years. I lost count. We haven't lived together that long either. Yes I am a bit hateful. He chose his alcohol over me and his children. His loss. He could at least leave me something. :)
I agree, It just had a lot of shock value. Unfortunately though, ins. co. usually won't insure a smoker/drinker for that much.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That's kinda why it was under the "things I'd like to hear". I don't see what's shocking about it.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Same difference to me. I have a piece of paper. Marriage is in your heart and people normally live together and play an equal part in their children's lives. They also do not stay so far away and chose alcohol over their loved one's.

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Things I got tired of hearing from my wife ...

"Honey can you have sex with my girlfriend just one more time" ... like who in the hell does she think I am ... I need Gatorade first