Things I'd like to hear from my husband...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
"I want to give you fifteen thousand summer days."[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/FONT]

Brilliant!</SIZE>[/FONT][/quote]
Not if you lived here. You'd be telling her you want her to fry her budonkidonk off. It's sweltering.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Alrighty then. Good luck with that. I'm off to bed. I'm too tired for this post. lol Zzzzzzzzz

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
The thing I most like to hear from my husband: "OMG! We just won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes". But I'm not holding my breath as we never enter. ;)

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
evilbrent said:
not to get all Oprah on you... but have you tried thanking him for his stuff?

I know that when I feel unappreciated it helps me to thank my wife for stuff. For instance, instead of saying grace at the start of a meal ( &gt;atheist still&lt; ) I might thank my wife for cooking it.

Use "I" statements: ie, instead of "You never appreciate me - all you do is sit around reading those stupid comic books on a Saturday morning while I clean up around you!" you could say "Honey, there's a lot of stuff that needs doing today - I could really use some help. I feel like you don't value my efforts when you read while I work. Can you please help me?"
Excellent observation. In my last marriage even this did not work. Yell, scream, beg, pled, cry, throw things....nothing worked to get through to that man. My darling husband would probably have a list like Lissa for me. I expect so much from the people I love. I NEED to appreciate HIM so much more than I do. He's my BLISS.

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Ari2 said:
The thing I most like to hear from my husband: "OMG! We just won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes". But I'm not holding my breath as we never enter. ;)
A man runs into the room waving a lottery ticket shouting and jumping up and down.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god," he shouts, "I've just won the LOTTERY!! I'm rich I'm rich! I need to celebrate, pack your bags honey!"

"Should I pack for cold weather or hot?" She asks, jumping to her feet.

"I don't care," says the husband. "Just f*** off!"

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
evilbrent said:
A man runs into the room waving a lottery ticket shouting and jumping up and down.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god," he shouts, "I've just won the LOTTERY!! I'm rich I'm rich! I need to celebrate, pack your bags honey!"

"Should I pack for cold weather or hot?" She asks, jumping to her feet.

"I don't care," says the husband. "Just f*** off!"
That would be funny if it weren't for the
"the husband part". They are married she takes half plus alimony...........so he'll be the one packing sand. You are right THAT is a funny joke. So ironic.