Things that have happened this year...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
First let me say omg the forum layout has changed again and it looked awesome, sorry I haven't been online for a while guys but I thought I should give you all the info on my year so far

<LIST>

• <LI><LIST>

• <LI>
    • Got a brand new car</LI>
    </LIST></LI>
    <LI>
  • Dog peed on laptop costing me $2000</LI>
    <LI>
  • Crashed brand new Holden barina into a kangaroo</LI>
    <LI>
  • oh yeah also I'm 10 weeks pregnant I needed to share but am not telling people yet as I don't want to get my hopes up too much so it's just me, tim and all of you that know now
    <LIST>
    </LIST></LI>
</LIST>

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Woo-hoo on the new baby! Glad to see you and Tim are still together and moving along in life.

The car you ran into a kangaroo with...was it your new car?

Gotta love animals. My puppies chewed through my mouse cord and my modem power cord yesterday. I was able to repair the power cord but the mouse cord is a lose lol

How about the kids? Allegra has to be a "big" girl now and Felix almost an adult? :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
hmmm, so we don't count as people...;-)

Haha it's all good, I know exactly what you mean. It's good to have a place you can just tell stuff and not owrry about what people will think/do/expect.

Congrats on growing a new baby, you'll have to keep us posted.

Are car kangeroo accidents common? I'd bet that really does in a car in quick fashion. Around here it's deer that we hit with cars with relative reguality.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Congratulations!

I had a little giglgle at the kangaroo story, ive done that too, its scary, but its one of those stories that gets told over and over because it just sounds so strange.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Yeah people hit kangaroo's all the time it is the first one I have hit while I was driving though lol yeah the brand new car, lucky it was a small roo, it dented the front panel and the drivers door but thats about the extent of the damage thank god and lucky insurance will cover it.

Yeah I am excited about the pregnancy but trying to keep my hopes down just in case as we are still in the very early stages and last time is still very firmly planted in my mind.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
glad you're okay and the car is repairable. I've been in 4 accidents with deer over my driving life, it's pretty well unavoidable.

My thoughts are with you on the pregnancy, thanks for sharing with us. You have a great outlook on life, and it seems like things must be good with Tim, so hope everything is looking up.

Don't make yourself such a stranger, okay?

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Yeah I tend to come on here and do lots of posts for a month or so and then I dissapear completely for a while but I'm trying to work on it lol

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Antoinette said:
That seems crazy to me, to hit a dear... A kangaroo seems bad enough let alone something with 4 legs and antlers lol
It's not always the ones with antlers...the crazy part is if you go for a walk on the woods and step on a twig and break it, a deer will hear that at 50 yards and bolt! Yet, they don't seem to hear or see a car on a nousy highway

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hi Antoinette! :) Congratulations on the new baby and the new car! haha I am so excited for your new baby. There isn't a more wonderful thing in the world. Glad to hear you and Tim are doing well.

That sucks you hit a kangaroo. I know it's as common there as hitting deer is common here (happens all the time), but the thought blows me away haha. If someone hit a kangaroo here it would be on the news and everyone would be horrified. lol

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Thanks Xero yeah I'm excited too and I will e sure to keep you posted On how I'm going :)

Haha yeah we have massive numbers of kangaroos here so it isn't a big deal, I will post a Photo of the paddock I OSS on my way to work there are always about 50 kangaroos and their babies jut in there eating grass

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Congratulations on the pregnancy!

And like the others, I'm glad you and Tim are doing well, and that you are ok after hitting a kangaroo :eek: