This website...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
hwnorth said:
Can MM be harsh.. opinionated and stubborn ? YES she can ... but then gain if people werent ... who would have pushed for equal rights.. if there wasnt people like MM around ... would women be driving and allowed to vote?

Does this sound ridiculous ? if so then stop nd think about if for a second ... and tell me how many meek passive people have make significant changes to the world.

So...um...Musicmom = Rosa Parks?

Please stop defending Musicmom, hwnorth, you're only hurting her cause! lol

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Sirk said:
But quit whining and be part of the solution.
I think its hard for people to be a part of the solution when there are so many different stories flying around, and to many views on how a forum should be run. For example, i think you would get a better return from people if you told them not to "quite whining", call them twats, and other unnecesarry comments.
The point is, there are a million different ways to get across to people, but so far none of the measures you have taken seem to have worked.
This is JMO.

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
I sat here for the last while and wrote a long reply to all this ... but I think I'll keep it simple..

Fooser... its not sticking up for MM .. its standing up for what I see .. thats not acceptable here... free speech is only allowed if it goes past the censors.

Meow ... exactly ... I wonder how has I would be banned if I called Sirk a whining twat? .. my guess is not long ... interesting standards here though

Other than that ... I think Ive had enough

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
hwnorth said:
I wonder how has I would be banned if I called Sirk a whining twat? .. my guess is not long ... interesting standards here though
Naw, go nuts... You're assuming again. .. The posts insulting me were moved to an off topic forum .. not deleted....

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
*Sigh* I was hoping not to come back after a day off to find that everyone wants to kill eachother. :( Can't we all get along? It's my birthday!

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
musicmom said:
Stepmother, I apologize on behalf of most of our members on the way Sirk just posted to you. It was rude. I was off yesturday so I didn't see any of this. Please don't allow someone's lact of cooth make you leave this board.
OMG, you are the most two-faced person I have ever met in my life. Seriously. Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
alright you guys...enough!! Stay, go, whatever...I love so many of you but seriously I don't think I'm the only one here who has had enough of the freaking drama already. This is a parenting forum and NOBODY is really talking about anything that has to do with parenting. These drama threads get the most views and the most replies and I think that's truly. I really hope we can all move past this and I would like to see everyone stay but seriously this needs to end

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
fallon said:
This is a parenting forum and <I><U>NOBODY</U></I> is really talking about anything that has to do with parenting.

Which i thought would have been fixed by now seeing reinforcements were even called in. You've got more than enough people who agree that the reputation of this forum has gone to the toilet, and that needs to be fixed NOW.
No name calling, no ridiculous comments, no offending people. And that should be common sense to EVERYONE. No matter what it says under your screen name........

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
meow_173 said:
Which i thought would have been fixed by now seeing reinforcements were even called in.
I think it will be fixed as soon as people ignore the drama and post about parenting. :confused:

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Not as long as people are being banned like naughty children, or called offensive names.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Weird that I've never had to discipline anyone other than spammers at my other parenting forum where they talk about parenting. :eek:

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Sirk - Could you please .. since you ARE an authoritative body around this place... put some time and effort into understanding this forum... for the good of the forum.

You may notice that the general comment area has almost 25% more activity than any of the parenting threads.

Now for one .. being a parent.. and for two .. nature of numbers and statistics.. tells me that not ALL parents want to specifically and ONLY talk about parenting. Theres a remote probability that they want to expand past that... yet you seem stuck on the comments that as soon as we all talk about parenting that Utopia will once again be the way of life.

You talk about being part of the solution... you should join that party, for you.. are part of the problem here.

If parenting is the only topic of discussion allowed here, then it might be wise to remove the other thread areas as it is obviously confusing memeber that are otherwise not aware of your rules.

One other thought on rules, I would like to suggest that you read Animal Farm, by George Orwell, if you have already, might I suggest you review it.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Ok I tried all day yesterday to log on, anyone else having forum issues? Anyway, what I wrote earlier was only the first part of my post, not sure why it didn't work.

So first off, HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY SARUSHJR! Hope you had an awesome day!

Second, no one is perfect, and that includes Sirk, but I think she made the right decision and I agree with her. You can't always know what goes on behind the scenes.

Also, it is very apparent how the "hot threads" move and how the parenting stuff just gets left aside. Like this thread for example.

Stepmommy, sorry for what happened to your thread :(

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Mindy said:
Second, no one is perfect, and that includes Sirk, but I think she made the right decision and I agree with her. You can't always know what goes on behind the scenes.
To be honest Mindy, its clear you would agree with the decision for one and only reason that you do not like MM. You both have had issues, conflicts and on going feuds. However, the point is you need to look past that and take a look at how and when MM was banned. The circumstances wasn't really <I>banning</I> worthy; as made clear be many. We all know MM has been harsh etc, but she really wasn't in this situation, but Sirk found it convienent to use this situation to ban her indefinatly. This is what some people are having a hard time grasping. As mentioned before, if she was going to be banned, it would have been one of the first things on sirks list, and as <I>hwnorth</I> mentioned, it seemed that Sirk was just itching to get rid of her. Hence why, if she was going to ban her, then she shouldn't have linked the two situations together.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
hwnorth said:
Sirk - Could you please .. since you ARE an authoritative body around this place... put some time and effort into understanding this forum... for the good of the forum.

You may notice that the general comment area has almost 25% more activity than any of the parenting threads.

Now for one .. being a parent.. and for two .. nature of numbers and statistics.. tells me that not ALL parents want to specifically and ONLY talk about parenting. Theres a remote probability that they want to expand past that... yet you seem stuck on the comments that as soon as we all talk about parenting that Utopia will once again be the way of life.

You talk about being part of the solution... you should join that party, for you.. are part of the problem here.

If parenting is the only topic of discussion allowed here, then it might be wise to remove the other thread areas as it is obviously confusing memeber that are otherwise not aware of your rules.

One other thought on rules, I would like to suggest that you read Animal Farm, by George Orwell, if you have already, might I suggest you review it.
LOL why weren't you made a mod???? I agree with you 110%

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
meow_173 said:
To be honest Mindy, its clear you would agree with the decision for one and only reason that you do not like MM. You both have had issues, conflicts and on going feuds. However, the point is you need to look past that and take a look at how and when MM was banned. The circumstances wasn't really <I>banning</I> worthy; as made clear be many. We all know MM has been harsh etc, but she really wasn't in this situation, but Sirk found it convienent to use this situation to ban her indefinatly. This is what some people are having a hard time grasping. As mentioned before, if she was going to be banned, it would have been one of the first things on sirks list, and as <I>hwnorth</I> mentioned, it seemed that Sirk was just itching to get rid of her. Hence why, if she was going to ban her, then she shouldn't have linked the two situations together.
Meow, it's really much more than me "not liking" mm. I know I have showed you stuff before, and I know you were really skeptical if she actually said those things, so I think you might be underestimating how many times she was warned. I think after a certain # of warnings you don't have much choice but to ban the person. So whether this one incident was "the big one" or not, it's still all the little stuff put together. And I'm sorry there is just no reason under any circumstances where it should be ok for a member to tell another member you hope they drop dead. So I honestly feel relieved, whether that's mean or not. :eek: