This website...

stepmother22

PF Regular
Feb 20, 2008
i thought this website was to help parents with situations, not judge them or offend there parenting skills.. i dont come to YOUR house and tell you what i think you should be doing, so dont judge me on what im doing, im simply asking for someone help not RUDE comments.. but its ok cause im not joining this forum anymore, i think the people here that responded to my post they way they did are rude and dont have anything better to do than be nosey and think they are perfect..

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
How does you volunteering the information and us commenting on it make us nosey? If you don't like the answers don't ask the questions. We are a collective group of parents who do care about our children, and between us we have decades of experience. Just because you don't like our answers it doesn't mean we are wrong.

You asked our advice and opinions and if you are offended by them then so be it. Good luck finding a parenting forum that won't tell you how it is.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I've re-read over your threads and didn't find anything offensive. I found straight forward replies designed to try to help. If you are offended, I feel that perhaps you are on the defensive.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
stepmother22 said:
i dont come to YOUR house and tell you what i think you should be doing, so dont judge me on what im doing
So... don't ask us what you should do? :confused:

mandrsmom

PF Regular
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I was reading over your threads, and I didn't see anything wrong. When you ask for advise, you have to know that you will not always agree with all of the responses. We all have our opinions, that doesn't mean they are intended to be rude. When you read something, it can be taken in a very different way then what the person writing it meant. We all need other people's advise,(Noone is perfect) we also need to decide which advise we will use, and which advice we forget.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
mandrsmom said:
I was reading over your threads, and I didn't see anything wrong. When you ask for advise, you have to know that you will not always agree with all of the responses. We all have our opinions, that doesn't mean they are intended to be rude. When you read something, it can be taken in a very different way then what the person writing it meant. We all need other people's advise,(Noone is perfect) we also need to decide which advise we will use, and which advice we forget.
Very well put. No one expects for their advice to be actually used but when asked for it we are more than willing to give it. That is what this site is all about. We don't candy coat things here for a reason. We take the questions that are asked seriously and respond accordingly. We might be appalled at some of the stuff we read but we still do the best we can to give our advice without being insulted. If the person is still insulted then they are most likely coming to the realization that they aren't doing things right and get defensive about it. Well guess what...WE ALL A BUNCH OF SCREW UPS THAT ARE JUST DOING THE BEST WE KNOW HOW TO.

I would like to think that we are all better parents from bouncing ideas off each other, asking each others advice/options, and having a place to vent about the millions of frustrations associated with being a parent and a spouse.

[/COLOR]

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You are definitly not going to get a cookie cutter response on this board. :) That's a good thing. I hope you look at things differently and come back. Maybe you just mistook what everyone was trying to do and that was help you. You get a pluthera of views here, pick and choose what you like and leave the rest.
Honestly you can not go through life with that attitude hun. Good luck

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
honestly hun...I think you may just be WAY to defensive. I didn't pick up a single post in that thread that was rude. Just because nobody agreed with you hot sauce on the tounge theory doesn't mean the were hating on you. Also wanted to point out that you posted your problems on a PUBLIC forum, which was pretty dumb if you didn't wasnt the public to respond

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I"m going to agree with everyone here. YOu asked a question.....you got answers. They might not have been what you wanted to hear...but its advise none the less.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Sirk said:
So the 3 year old is shipped off to moms, shipped off to dads, pawned off on grandma and he's having problems with violence and swearing. And it's worked out ok?
Ok now I know what Stepmom is talking about. Sirk, it's your tone in the way you are speaking. I don't think this child is "shipped off or pawned". You are coming across tacky. Just my two cents.
I can see being the "board mom" if that's what you want to call yourself but I think you should hold youself as a person to a higer standard then you are showing on the board. I'd suggest a small bit of tact.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
stepmother22 said:
no he is RAISED by stepmom and dad,, babysat by grandmaw and i can't help or even know what happens at moms house and i dont appreciate the attitute whenever you dont know my situation or whats going on in my sons life, if it were up to me we would have him all the time but its not up to us its up to the court, i can't make a judge rule of my behalf
Stepmother, I apologize on behalf of most of our members on the way Sirk just posted to you. It was rude. I was off yesturday so I didn't see any of this. Please don't allow someone's lact of cooth make you leave this board.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You'd have to look at a few posts to understand why stepmommy said what she did. I just found a post that was uncalled for. I hope SM stays around.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
if she really felt something was uncalled for she probably should have contacted a mod rather then blaming an entire board and being crazy dramatic about it

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
musicmom said:
Ok now I know what Stepmom is talking about. Sirk, it's your tone in the way you are speaking. I don't think this child is "shipped off or pawned". You are coming across tacky. Just my two cents.
I can see being the "board mom" if that's what you want to call yourself but I think you should hold youself as a person to a higer standard then you are showing on the board. I'd suggest a small bit of tact.
Sure. I'll go call her abusive instead. I bet questioning whether or not her situation was good is what drove her off. :rolleyes:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
No, you calling her all kinds of Bullshat is what is driving her off. She asked for help and all you did was degrade her. WTF is wrong with you?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I did not hijack a thread Sirk but only stated that your comments were rude to this poster. You go and delete my posts in support of another poster?? Plus give me and infraction??? You are the biggest name caller on this board and did so with this parent. I hope you get an infraction as well.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
In the other post but Sirk removed all of my posts of course that defended what she said was wrong. I never named called however Sirk does and I get the infraction. Double standard.