Thread: You & Your Spouse...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I think what has been posted was fine, but I can also see how it can go too far. I would hate to see someone put up pics of mentally handicapped people and say this is someone else (Fooser for example since he was the joke in the actaul thread)

sanjay

Dec 23, 2007
We need to always look at our rules to determine what is acceptable. What I find as funny, might be offensive to you and jtee. When it becomes a judgement call instead of a rule violation- I go in and edit the post and state why I did what I did. I also PM the offender and tell them to quit.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I wasn't offended\bothered by what was posted, but the posters in question really enjoy trash talking and it seemed to me that they were just taking it to the next level by grabbing pictures and saying "<I>This is your family....hahaha</I>". While the pictures are entertaining, it is my experience that such things can quickly escalate to include cruel\mean\crude comments or pictures. It's like when you see one kid intentionally take another kids pencil (or whatever) simply to provoke the other, taking the pencil is really just the starting point of a situation that is going to escalate if allowed to continue. And just like kids, if they see that nobody objects, they subconsciously know they have been given silent approval to continue to see where the upper boundaries are in terms of what is acceptable.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yes I know what you mean. I think it is a fine line and will have to be judgement calls on each individual oofence

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
When it comes to this kind of thing, my approach is not to wait until they are 20 posts into escalating trash talk when finally someone goes to far, if I see the pattern building at post 4-5, I am going to say\do something. I don't want to wait until someone finds a picture of mentally disabled person, posts it with a cruel\witty caption, and then inform the member they have gone to far, if I see them heading in that direction, that is when I prefer to point out they are headed in direction that tends to lead to posts getting edited\deleted.