Tight Budget...

tahoe

Jan 30, 2008
Has anybody tried http://www.ityke.com ? It seems you trade your used baby stuff for credits. You can then trade these credits with other parents for things they no longer need.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
This is the first I've heard of ityke.com. I briefly surfed their web site and have concerns. Are the baby items checked for recalls? Also, as a Child Passenger Safety Technician I have been trained to advise parents to avoid used car seats. Car seats have expiration dates, and if you don't know the history of a car seat you have no idea if it has been in a crash. Many re-sale shops have stopped accepting car seats due to liability issues.

Used seat checklist
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/usedseat.aspx

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yay I don't like not being able to see the items first. The few things I bought used ( a swing) I bought at Once Upon a Child.

tahoe

Jan 30, 2008
Thanks for the excellent advice. My 2 year old daughter has a lot of clothes that she has out grown, much of it in pretty good condition. I thought this might be a pretty good way for parents to help each other out, but I will have to think about the safety issues.

PS - Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. It should probably be in Infant/Toddler.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
I bought a few things off of Craig's List when I was pregnant and had excellent experiences. I only bought items from ads that had photographs and were from people in my area so if I drove to see the item it would not be a big deal to reject. I haven't sold anything off it (I give all our used stuff to the local Salvation Army commander who gives it to selected needy families instead of putting it up for sale in the Salvation Army used merchandise store - with twins we have a lot of used stuff), but the sellers I talked to said that had good experiences as long as they didn't accept personal checks.

johndenver

Banned
Feb 14, 2008
Wow that's awesome I usually just use Craigslist for all all my baby needs and I would enjoy milking your father.