Time Banking...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I just read an article on Yahoo about time banking. Apparantely, you offer services and goods based on exchange. For example, I'm good with computers, but I suck with home repair. So, I go fix a members computer for 2 hours which gives me 2 time dollars. I need someone to paint my kitchen, so I find another member with those skills and use my 2 time dollars to have them come paint my kitchen.

Interesting concept in a time where money is tight. Anyone ever do anything like this?

BTW, if you're interested in seeing the site that I'm talking about, PM me. Yahoo didn't mention the site in their article, so I googled it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow that is so awesome! I've never heard of such a thing. And what a great idea. I wonder how many people participate in it.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Well, around here there's a chapter but they only have 8 members so far. It seems new so membership is low.

I'm big into trading services for services...for example, I needed a photographer for my wedding and my brother is a photographer. He needed someone to design his website, so I designed it...so we traded.

It really seems like something right up my alley...I'm going to investigate it more and maybe get involved. Not sure yet though...was hoping to chat with someone who's done it before.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hey can you PM me the link? I just want to see it lol. I can't see myself using it, I don't know of anything I could really do, but I just want to look at it. :)

Orlando

Sep 27, 2021
You know, I have not been relying on bank interest for a long time, because it is unprofitable and irrational. Your money should work actively and bring good profits. So I made investments in cryptocurrency and started using bitcoin bot. This simple solution helps me buy and sell cryptocurrencies at good margins.