Time for a New Post: (well maybe it been done) here goes......

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
<SIZE size="125"> How did you meet you S.O. was it romantic did you know you would hook up or marry him or her? I post mine once we get a few replies this should take a few down memory lane ;) :) </SIZE>
<SIZE size="125"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="125"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="125">Gina</SIZE>

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
heather and I worked together at Best Buy for many years before we became romantically involved. We used to give eachother relationship advice and became good friends. We started dating after my divorce. We knew instantly that if given the chance we could make a great couple....here we are years later, getting married in May 2009.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Ryan and I were actually meant to be together I think...lol Our whole lives we've lived within 15 minutes of each other and never actually met. What makes that even wierder is even when we both lived 30 miles from the town we're in now we lived within 15 mintues of eachother...lol We both moved out here at the same time (with our parents, we were kids), went to the same high school and never knew one another. 5 yrs later I was working at a Big Boy, married, with a daughter but in a horrible place in my life. His brother was my manager and Ryan was out of work for a bit so he got him a job waiting tables at the resteruant....I hated him lol. A few months later he wasn't working at the big boy anymore and but he still came in often to visit. Things started going father south in my marriage and Ryan was there for me (not in anyway other then a friend) I eventually left my husband (not for Ryan) and Ryan and I started seeing eachother and life went on...lol I have never been as happy as he makes me!!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Mine wasn't really romantic either, there was a guy in our neigborhood who I grew up around, his kids and I played togather, we camped with them that kinda thing, he had a DD a few years older then me, but we looked a lot a like, he was a milkman so the joke was that maybe the milkman had some explaining to do. Anyways my hubby and her dated, but when they broke up my husband was still a part of the guys life, he was my hubby's father figure, well my hubby's brother was getting married, so the guy decided that he should take me, I have no clue how or why this came about, we met went on a few dates, went to the wedding and have been togather ever since. Like Fallon we went to the same school, grew up in the same neighborhood, but never met, I never even saw him at the friends house for that matter. Of course I was the "good" kid and he was far from it, so I guess our paths would never have crossed otherwise.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
mom2many said:
I was the "good" kid and he was far from it, so I guess our paths would never have crossed otherwise.
haha it was the other way around for us...he was the good boy and even went out of stae to college for a while, I was the crazy one :eek: but we did actually have a couple mutal friends, we just never ended up meeting during that time

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
It's funny how 2 people can be in the same area, and never meet each other! I presented a good front, and minded my P's and Q's, my friends knew the truth though, LOL!

MommyC

Sep 24, 2008
Ontario
My DH and I met at a cottage. A mutual friend of ours got a bunch of his friends together for a week at a cottage in northern Ontario. I thought DH was a really nice guy but I had just gotten out of yet another bad relationship and was not at all interested in getting involved with anyone. The next year we all went to the cottage again. Things were different this time around ;) We dated casually for about 6 months (took it really slow) and we've been together ever since. Married 3 years as of yesterday actually! Happy anniversary sweetie!

Catheaven

Sep 25, 2008
Ca
I won't say that my meeting my husband was romantic. It was funny the reason I met my husband was b/c his older sister and I had a run in because of a boy. When i found she had a brother in the same high school we were in I had to meet him. We ended up being really good friends all through high school then married the year he graduated. It's funny though b/c growing up we lived about 15 mins from each other in the same city, went to the same junior high, and went to the same orthodontist. Funny how things work out

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well we're not married but we'll be getting married as soon as we have the resources, and we have our baby together. I will just say BF.

It was sort of weird, really. When I was placed in foster care at the age of 13, I of course met a lot of new people. People I was to think of as "family" and whatnot. I'm going to call my foster/adopted mom, mom. We were over my mom's parent's house quite occasionally. They had a younger son that was right about my age, and we were friends. We hung out and did whatever whenever I had to come over there. Sometimes when I came over, he would have his own friends over. My BF was one of them who was over often enough for me to see him at least momentarily. I'd have to say we never really hung out, but we got to know each other enough over the few times we saw each other to know that we at least made good friends. Now that we're older, we have both admitted to each other that we had crushes at the time (on each other lol). This was when I was 14 and he was 15.

When I was 15, closer to 16, he moved away with his parents. He was always a troubled kid. Got into all the wrong stuff with all the wrong people, you know. Although I put up the kind of front that made people think I was a trouble maker (all the dark makeup and black clothes and spikey bracelets lol), I was actually a really good kid and rarely ever got into trouble. So anyway, since nothing ever happened there, I got a boyfriend when I was 16 and I really liked him, we were together for a year. I've always been really serious about love, even as a kid. I always wanted the real thing, no messing around. Anyway although I had a boyfriend I loved, I talked to BF over the internet via AIM like I did to all my other friends. So we did keep in contact, and I must admit we exchanged a few flirting words. He also had a girlfriend at the time. That boyfriend eventually broke up with me, mostly because I was TOO serious I guess, and I was sad and all. At the time BF was talking about moving back to where I lived, but soon after he mentioned it my computer broke down.

I didn't hear from him for a long time, and I didn't really have another boyfriend until I was 18. Guys liked me, but I was wary of relationships. Next thing I know, my mom is giving me a ride somewhere, and I see BF out the window walking down the street. I couldn't believe it! And boy had he changed. He really got like 10xs more attractive since I'd last seen him lol. But I never really talked to him. The funny thing was that some other friends of mine had asked me to a group movie a couple of times that involved him going and that excited me but I wasn't allowed to go. My mom was strict.

I worked at the wal mart down the street from my house, and it was close enough to walk to, so of course that's what I had to do. One day I was walking home (looking pretty shabby I might add), and a car swerved off the road and right up to me, behind where I was walking. It startled me to say the least. However, it was BF and he yelled "Raia!" out the window "Do you want a ride home?" Even though I hardly needed it since I was close, I got in the car with him and a mutual friend of ours named Jeff. When I got in he pretty much asked me if I wanted to see a movie. Stupid as I am, thinking someone like BF would never want to go on a date with me, I asked "Sure! What do you guys want to go see?" Suggesting we go with friends. But of course he didn't mean it that way.

We were dating a couple days later, it was real cute because I felt nervous to call him and he didn't have my number so he just kept coming in to wal mart while I was working and asking me out. I guessed by then that he was serious. I snuck out in the middle of the night all the time to see him. My parents didn't like him, so I did a lot without asking. I would call it very romantic, but it's hard to describe.

We've been together for 3 years and we've always been very close. He's my best friend.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Well, mine and Amber's story is a little different. My dad and her dad were best friends since they were about 12 years old, meaning Amber and I have known eachother since she was born. We grew up best friends until we were about 12-13, that's when we realized it was more than a "friendship". We had always "hung out" together with other people around..mutual friends, parents, siblings...stuff like that. But around that age I asked her if she wanted to go to a movie along, not really a date, just two friends going to the movies without a bunch of other friends. Then on her 14th birthday I asked her out, she said yes.

Now her dad says he always knew we would end up together, and looking back...it was pretty obvious, BUT...he was still her father, and a very overprotective one at that, and he said we werent allowed to go out anywhere alone, without a group of friends, so we stayed at her house most of the time, where he could supervise.

When I was 16 my brother was on trial for something I would rather not talk about (if you really want to know, PM me and I might tell you) and her dad decided I needed to get my mind off of it, so at baseball practice (he was my coach from age 6-18) he told me we could go get something to eat at a nearby resturaunt. And that was the first time we really got to tell eachother our feelings, true feelings.

NW_Mama

Sep 5, 2008
We met through a mutual friend. I knew her from high school and DH knew her through work. A good friend of mine is in a band and I forwarded the show information to my friend and she passed it along to DH. It had been years since I met him, but when I saw him at the bar, we chatted and hung out all night. Well, we just never stopped hanging out. Funny thing is that DH kept bugging our mutual friend to hook us up for months and she finally gave us the opportunity to meet. We've been together for 6 years, married for 3 1/2.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
fallon said:
Ryan and I were actually meant to be together I think...lol Our whole lives we've lived within 15 minutes of each other and never actually met. What makes that even wierder is even when we both lived 30 miles from the town we're in now we lived within 15 mintues of eachother...lol We both moved out here at the same time (with our parents, we were kids), went to the same high school and never knew one another. 5 yrs later I was working at a Big Boy, married, with a daughter but in a horrible place in my life. His brother was my manager and Ryan was out of work for a bit so he got him a job waiting tables at the resteruant....I hated him lol. A few months later he wasn't working at the big boy anymore and but he still came in often to visit. Things started going father south in my marriage and Ryan was there for me (not in anyway other then a friend) I eventually left my husband (not for Ryan) and Ryan and I started seeing eachother and life went on...lol I have never been as happy as he makes me!!
That's such a sweet story, Fallon. :)

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
DH and I met while we were both serving on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, in Norfolk, Virginia.

He swears that we talked while he was working the food line on the ship and I went down there with some people and we talked. I do not remember this at all. The way I remember us meeting was we were at a keg party thrown by some friends of ours. I was WAY to drunk and he came over to me and talked. He had some weird bird belt buckle that I was talking about. He thought I was dumb, and I thought he was gay. Romantic, haha, not.

We both had to work the next day and he bought me McDonalds for lunch (it's better than eating on the ship) and we talked a little bit. From then on it was us more or less making fun of each other and beating each other up for the next month till he kissed me in one of the rooms that we worked in. I got scared and ran away lmao. About a week later I realized I missed having him around so we started dating.

A few months later we were engaged, a few months after that, married. A year after that, Alenya was born lol. We don't waste any time! But we're both happy.

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
I loved ready all the post smil laughed with warm heart all good feelings isnt it nice to walk down the roads of good times!;) I grew up with DH sister My Dad was Army his sister he would stay with while in College was station same Bace as my Dad Fort Ord ( no longer a Base:( ) In the Monterey Are very romantic area. His sister olde then me DH as well I dated DH first cousin but had broke up awhile back when I first seen DH he was going to school and he came from the Islands to were it snowed so he afro LOL I was like I know this cave man is not look at me!!! About 2 months later his sister asked if I would ask my Dad to give her brother who was coming down from College for the Holiday a job I said sure The second I saw him ( yes no afro thank God!!) I was like Yummy LOL;) We both were attractied to one another. My sister was night manger schedule us to work with one another all the time and He the smooth talker lol we had perfect place to fall in love Lover point was not far we get off work and walk and one thing lead to another 26 later here we are!!! Crazy for one another:speechwub: I remember getting single rose on my Bed when I got off work or a boquet of flowers, My Mom would tell me he charming you hard lol!!! I will say its nice when it happens not as often then it means more ( You know what I mean) Yeah he a sweetie we even renewed our vows at 15 years the kids want us to do it again at 30 I think we can work that to happen LOL!!;) </SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
I love the all post thanks all of you for sharing isnt love Grand LOL!!!</SIZE>[/FONT]

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
A mutual friend of our tried to hook Victoria and I up for a long time but I was in the Military and didn't really know her very well. We both refused. Then I came home for a friends wedding and she was in the wedding party. I was supposed to have a date that backed out at the last minute. I stayed for a little while then when I was leaving our friend came up to me and told me that Victoria really wanted me to ask her to dance. So I asked her. I figured that I would throw her a bone. I was full of myself back then. Then we danced and talked and spent the whole night together. Then she left and we hadn't exchanged numbers. So I ran towards the door and friends kept stopping me to talk finally I made it outside just as she was getting into her car so I sprinted across the parking lot and we exchanged numbers. My mom was waiting for me when I got home. I told her that I met the women that I was going to marry. That was 13 years ago and we are married with 2 kids.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
It was a good bump Philbilly, I missed this thread the first time around.

I met my SO at work. My first job was McD's and he also worked there. We dated during my time there, but it was right at that time and we didn't stay a couple.

We both ended up leaving McD's and found separate jobs. Funny thing, a few years later, we ended up working together again.

So, we decided to give it a second go as we both found out we still had lingering feelings for each other. Things seemed right this time and we haven't looked back. We've been together again now for 5 years and have 2 beautiful children.

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
In my first year of uni my best friend and I were complete dropouts. He got himself a serious girlfriend - weirdly from some completely different university - and I kind of clung on. Much partying, rock-climbing and sleeping later they kicked me out of uni.

That summer I spent a lot of time hanging out with my friend (he got booted too) and his girl-friend moved out of her dorm-style church-funded share house into a more standard 3 room share house. My friend kind of de facto moved in. They were sleeping together but trying, dismally, to keep it a secret because that crowd didn't truck with that sort of thing.

I used to get on my bike and ride there all the time (ie, I was fit) 25km from my house and just hang out whenever I wanted. I was basically unemployed so I had time up my sleeve. There were mostly girls living in this house so, obviously, I would take every chance to change my t-shirt and ripple my 8-pack stomach muscles.

There was this weird little, enticing, intimidating, spiky-pink haired punk dancer girl there. She was such a tiny thing and I got the feeling that she disliked me intensely. In fact, I know she did. She thought I was a show-off. She thought I was deliberately strange. I was nothing like the christian muso private school types she'd always known.

She was sleeping on the loungeroom floor of this share house while she worked out some stuff in her life and we ended up spending more and more time together. We were both kind of just hanging around at this share house for no good reason.

One saturday night we all sat up watching movies and one by one everyone fell asleep. I forget what we were watching - probably things like Empire Records and Blues Brothers. When the sun came up in the morning we looked across at the only other member on the couch, fast asleep, and realised that we'd spent the whole night watching movies and it was now the next day.

The next Saturday night was my 18th birthday. She showed up drunk from her other party. It was a pretty drunken party - so pretty soon she just fit right in. I'd only ever kissed 5 girls in my life - I had NO idea what was going on.

We ended up on a couch watching my friend play solitaire on the computer. Her head was in my lap and we sat there all talking and it was pretty zen, just the three of us chilling out in the back room while they hooped it up out in the house. I looked down and she was just so gorgeous. Her eyes sparkled. Her lips were wet and she was, like, waiting for something.

I bent over, real slow, in case I had it all wrong, and came closer and closer to her. The closer I got the more she sparkled so I kissed her and she kissed me back. It wasn't like any of the other (5) girls I'd ever kissed. She was so soft. So tasty. So slow. So tender. So hungry.

All I remember is my friend leaving the room after a while. We kissed and kissed.

At the end of the party we kept on kissing until dawn again. We kissed all night until the sun came up. Later on I found out that the reason she was drunk when she showed up was that she'd spent the whole day drinking port because she thought I would never love her. She was smashed. And my friends made her drink a whole jug of strong coffee before her Dad came to pick her up to drive her to the parties. She's never had port again ;-).

The following Saturday night was just a complete blur to me. I have no idea what happened in the evening. All I remember is that was the night she first took off her bra, and we kissed and held each other until dawn again. I didn't dare touch her with my hands - I was afraid it wasn't the right thing to do - I just exhilirated in touching the smoothness of her back. We just made out and rolled around on this mattress for hours on end. It didn't end. I'm still there. I hold my breath, close my eyes, wait for 10 seconds and the universe goes 'click' and suddenly the moment that comes after this moment isn't the usual next moment, it's one of those moments: I'm reaching for her to find her reaching for me and 45 minutes goes past before we come up for breath.

Then the sun came up.

It was three Saturday nights in a row we'd seen the sun come up together. And that was it. I'm not going to say that I knew, then, that we would always be together - but I will say that we were as close, then, as we've always been. From that moment on we just took it for granted that we would be together, do things together. We never had to analyse it. Never had to really even worry about it. We never went through any of the anxiety that people seem to go through - it was obvious that we loved each other and that we wanted to be together.

When I wasn't with her I felt sick and longed to hear her sweet little tender punk vanilla spiky-haired loving lovely 'hullo?' on the phone. When I was with her I just wanted to touch her, have her smile at me, hear her talk or laugh. I adored her and she adored me.

That's still how I think of her. I can never explain what I love about her - except to say that there's a sweetness about her that isn't inside anyone else. She's not just soft and tender - she's soft and tender in a way no-one else can be. The most truly valuable thing in the world is to love and be loved in return.