Tips on how to have a girl?...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
You could try the Shettles Method:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Gender-Selection-The-Shettles-Method.html[/URL]

Or the Chinese Gender Chart (Lunar calendar):

http://www.chinesegenderchart.info/

(its very specific, you have to follow all of the instructions to a T and do all of the calculations or you won't get the correct dates)

Or even better, both! lol You can also eat certain foods to help your chances, like greens and such. Not sure completely of all of the food options, but you could probably look all of that up too.

Good luck! I tried some of it and still had a boy LOL!

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
Okay, so this is what I learned my senior year in high school in my religion class. We were learning the rhythm method. Basically, what I remember, is that the x sperm (girls) live longer and are sturdier than the y sperm (boys) but the y sperm are faster swimmers. This means two things. First, if you are familiar with your rhythm (fertile days), and you want a girl, have sex a few days before you ovulate and refrain until several days after you ovulate. Also, avoid having an orgasm. This changes the acidity levels and, as I've said before, x sperm are sturdier, so the higher your acidity level, the less likely those y sperm will survive.

Amazing what you can learn in a religion class.

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
This is what I learned years ago while working towards my BS in molecular biology.

It's 50/50.

Sorry.

And this is what I learned from statistics. Each pregnancy is an independent event. For example, if you already have 2 girls, the chances of having a 3rd child be a girl is still 50/50.

Last edited:

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
JBKB3 said:
I don't know but whatever the trick is I must be really good at it. :D

JB

Wow.

It's still a 50/50 event for each girl.

BUT it was 1/2 X 1/2 X 1/2 = 1/8 = 12.5% chance that you would have 3 girls in a row. Congratulations:D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
nwcrazy said:
This is what I learned years ago while working towards my BS in molecular biology.

It's 50/50.

Sorry.

And this is what I learned from statistics. Each pregnancy is an independent event. For example, if you already have 2 girls, the chances of having a 3rd child be a girl is still 50/50.
from a statistical point of view you're right, but I think what the question is, is what are the ways of changing those odds. There are biological factors, as momoja and xero pointed out, that affect how each pregnancy occurs. If you don't take any of those factors into consideration, then on average, over hundreds and thousands of pregnancies, you come out 50/50, but she's only concerned with THIS pregnancy, and using some of the methods described could affect those odds, even if it's making it 51/49 or 52/48, in the end it's going to be either a boy or a girl, so the raw odds are 50/50.

I make the connotation to driving and accident rates. You have an x chance of getting into a car accident any time you get behind the wheel, but if you run a stop sign your chances of an accident on that event are changed. In the end your chances of getting inot an accident that day are roughly the same as everyone's because the statistics include people who run stop signs....anyway, that's the way I make sense of it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Chances are actually higher of getting pregnant with a boy, because male sperm swim faster. :) However the population still evens itself out becaues female fetuses are more likely to survive in the womb and shortly after. More miscarriages/still borns tend to be male.

kwe

Banned
Nov 2, 2011
asiangirlytoes said:
Ok, I know this may just be folk legend, but are there really any ways to try to have a girl instead of a boy? Anyone have any experience with this?
m

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Xero said:
because male sperm swim faster.
This is why the male sperm get more construction and heavy labor jobs.:rolleyes:

And win more gold medals in Olympic swimming:award:

JK everybody calm

looklovesend

Dec 21, 2011
In my opinion its difficult to try and pick what you want. I've heard there are calendars and methods mentioned above that seem to work for some people. It somewhat seems out of our control yet it also somehow works for other people. To each their own I guess.

Freckle

Jan 11, 2012
Why so complicated? I surely know that if to eat more fish and less meat you'll succeed in having a girl)))

Buttaflly227

PF Regular
Jan 31, 2012
My suggestion is to visualize your daughter.

1) Choose a girl name and talk to her
2) Imagine rocking her swaddled in a pink blanket
3) Picture your hospital room filled it's a girl balloons, pink stuffed animals and flowers.

The more you FEEL that it's a girl, I believe is what makes a girl. However, things will be what they are meant to be and all that matters is that you're both healthy and happy. :)

Hope this Helps!

Be well,
Be at Peace,
-Jessica

http://www.greatestkidsgames.com

cruithne86

Feb 4, 2012
i do have adorable 5 months old daughter.. but i dont remember doing anything special.. just enjoy when you cant control

LucidKitty

PF Regular
Feb 25, 2012
The only thing i've seen that might be somewhat reliable is that women who have a higher fiber,grain, and vegetable diet seem to be more inclined to have girls.