Tis the season again...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
As many of you know I have a 9 yr old Autistic daughter. She is always a struggle buying for. So I am taking any and all idea's. Her "go to" items are her I pad, A couple of stuffed animals, and destroying the house. Most gifts she gets last a day at best before she tire's of them.

So suggest away peeps

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Any particular characters she likes? Is she a girly girl or slightly tom boyish? What about educational games? Is she easily over stimulated or can she handle most stimulation easily?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
She is all girl. A tough one, but all girl. She has a gadzillion stuffed animals. She likes Mazy and really a lot of preschool type shows. I would like to get her a box of dress up stuff. She like taking everything out of her closet and putting it on. Which is a real drag for us.

She likes her bath's. And going for rides. She cant read music but has began showing some skill playing songs by ear on the piano.

Most things she likes for a day, a hour, a minute. Rarely does something get used after its debut.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Walmart, well a lot of places, but particularly Walmart have these great little dress up kits in different Disney characters.

Like these..http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=dress-up&_tt=dress[/URL]

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I know this may make me sound a little strange.

When we were kids my neighbors mom had been heavy into the theater. She had a big box of clothes in the basement that had sequined dresses tuxes costume jewelry, shoes,hats, just a ton of different stuff. All of us kids would dress up wearing some of the most goofy stuff.

I am thinking hitting the second hand stores to see if I can make her a box of stuff.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That sounds awesome bssage! I wish I could think of other things, I know you said she already has an iPad. How cool would it be to go to the Salvy and find all kinds of random stuff lol. I have been trying to think of things and will continue to do so, and if anything comes to mind I will be back! lol good luck!

I am done Christmas shopping for the baby, but I like haven't even started on Eli. @__@ The baby is so easy. Eli already HAS everything. Ugh. lol

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
I love the idea of the chest full of dress up cloths , that sounds perfect, and it must have been a blast for you and your friends, I remember dressing up as a child too and I just loved it.

I think it's wonderful that she may be able to play the piano by ear, maybe a CD of piano music, or a music box?

I'll keep thinking about something for her.

singerj

Banned
Dec 18, 2011
Try this web site for some ideas.

National Lekotek Center
lekotek dot org

Jon
Drive4Rebecca