toilet problems....

darkwolf

Mar 29, 2008
Hi there I am the father of a 6 year old girl who, for no reason what so ever has just started not going to the toilet for a number 2, I have asked her and she just keeps saying its cause she is naughty. She suffers from dyspraxia and I was wondering if this has something to do with this.

Can someone please help as this must be embarrising for her. She don`t do it at school, only at home.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
For those that don't know

Dyspraxia entails the partial loss of the ability to coordinate and perform certain purposeful movements and gestures in the absence of motor or sensory impairments.

anyways, I had to look it up since I didn't know exactly what it meant. I would say if this is a new behavior then talking to her doc is the first step.
Has something big happened in her life recently (a move, new sibling, death in the family)? That can cause lots of problems
I think the main thing here is to figure out why she feels "naughty". Have you asked her. Try to explain to her that you love her and that she is not naughty.

darkwolf

Mar 29, 2008
nothing big has happened, i have been working for the past eight months and this has only started around 2 wks ago.

I am thinking of taking her to the docs, I ask her why she thinks she is naughty and she says its cause she is lazy.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
has anyone told her she is lazy before. I think all negativity needs to drop. Its so sad that she feels that way. I would call her doc. He may not want to see her, but at least they can give you some advice

darkwolf

Mar 29, 2008
I have once before, but i did genuinely thought she was just being lazy, I feel bad now though knowing that she may have this problem.

I will call her doc first thing monday morning.

many thanks