Tracking Address Through Photos on Facebook...

teenage_parent

PF Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
hi, i haven't been here a while.

just want to ask if anyone is interested in testing a VPN (virtual private network).

you may know by now that your identities and exact addresses can be hacked through the photos you post on facebook or anyone online. a VPN will protect your from it.

we're giving away 1 year free access to a vpn, just need you to give me a feedback on its performance.

let me know if anyone's interested

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
A VPN will not stop the geolocation data that gets embedded into a pictures EXIF data from being posted... you have to strip the data from the photo before posting if you want it gone.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I don't need to test the VPN in order to make my photo's safe. To remove the geolocation tags that can be embedded in your photos before you post them you can use Windows, which has the ability to remove this information built in. Select a photo or group of photos in Windows Explorer, right-click on them, and hit Properties. Under the Details tab, you'll find a link (near the bottom of the window) that says "Remove Properties and Personal Information". Click that, and hit OK in the window that comes up. You'll notice that you'll have a copy of each photo in that same folder. The copied photos will be the one with clean data, which are safe to share with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, or other places on the web.

teenage_parent

PF Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
yes i know... it's just that it is inputs like the one you gave could be valuable to us. so i was just curious if you could help us. if you find something is not working or you know... stuff...

was just wondering if you could help