Trigeminal Neuralgia ......... Do you or have you.....

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
</SIZE>[/FONT]
I was wondering if any of you have heard of this Chronic Painful Disease? Trigeminal Neuralgia I was diagnose, almost 2 years ago.:( Up until my Dentist told me he thought I had it I never had heard of it. I went to my Family Practice Doctor who acutally had to look it up and since I was being Treated as if I had sinus infection when in all reality I had (TN), off and on for 7 months. Yes:eek: They put me on medication for it then I went through a lot of testing MRI, MRA to rule out cancer, tumors and MS. To find out stress was my trigger of this. Now I was asking how could stress cause such a life altering diesase. Well I felt like I was getting the run around. </SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
I am bringing this up because I was shocked how many people go misdiagnosed like myself. Or are mis informed of how old a person has to be to have it or what can bring it on. My Doctor told me that if he took a room full of people maybe one would have it. I learned it could of been trigged by when I had a toothe pulled out, yes!!</SIZE>[/FONT]
Or it can be trigged by car accident as well. Since there are so many of us here I thought I'd give it shot to see if any one here has it or family memebers have.</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
If you are not sure what some of the symptoms are, feelings like a sinus infection ( if treated and does not go away this maybe something to look into) Or a Bad tooth ache ,it can feel like it as well. I had all these feeling and the attacks are horrible they can last up to 2 minutes but the pain lets just say I would rather endure labor pains, YES IT'S THAT BAD!!!!!</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
If any of you are dealing with this or have family members, please reply. </SIZE>[/FONT]
I found a great website that's a form of support and provides great information.</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
Have a great evening!!!!!</SIZE>[/FONT]
Sincerely,</SIZE>[/FONT]
Gina</SIZE>[/FONT]

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
fallon said:
thanks...I've never heard of this but I wanted to say that I hope you find some relief
Thank you Fallen I am still learning and it just seems that there really is no cure just a Bandaid to put on it:( </SIZE>[/FONT]
Like I told my Daughter I work out with I will not allow this Beat me!!</SIZE>[/FONT]