Trina...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Back to the car seat issues. Do you recommend and youtube or videos that my children who are 8,6,6 (almost seven) can watch about saftey? They are not taking me serious when I tell them to sit properly and not turn around. It's like the only thing that's going to teach them is to get in a car accident. I have slammed on my breaks to let them know how fast it could happen. They still play, turn around and it drives me nuts. I need a good resource hunny bunny. Sorry if you've ever posted one and I missed it.
Something they can relate to. Without gore.
Although.........I have showed them pedestrians getting nailed because my son has tendencies to walk out when he wants into a parking lot.
Maybe putting him on a leash again at eight might get him pay more attention? I really worry.
Gawd forbid. If I ever got into a wreck, their necks would be broke. It scares me to death.
I love your advice. Thanks ahead of time

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Bumping this up... I'm busy with my kids now but will post back later when I have time. I know I have videoclips somewhere. I've been through this with my DS and DD.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Here's a start.

<YOUTUBE id="UthhJLekANU" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UthhJLekANU">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UthhJLekANU</YOUTUBE>

pcps_shell

I know I have more, but can't seem to find them at the moment. I'll keep digging when I get a chance.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
One option would be to put them back into harnessed car seats. :p The new Graco Nautilus harnesses up to 65 lbs. and then transitions to a booster. My DD is a busy child and I kept her in a car seat until she was 6. Then she transitioned to a booster and did OK at first but then started wiggling around and not sitting properly. I made it quite clear that if she was unable to sit properly in her booster I would put her back in her car seat. (Her car seat at the time harnessed up to 80 lbs.) She knew I wasn't kidding, and has been fine ever since. (Turning 10 tomorrow and still in a booster.)