Turn down the volume, or I'll cut you. Seriously....

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
We've all been irritated by someone blaring music in an inappropriate venue. Cars pounding your head with bass as they sit next to you in rush hour traffic. The irritating cell phone that the person won't turn off. Box radios (remember those?). Neighbors. Family members.

Too much inconsideration can make you mad. Really mad... but this mad?

Teen Fatally Stabbed Over Computer Volume - Teen stabbing - Gizmodo
It can suck having to listen to the sounds blasting from other people's computer speakers. But no matter how bad the music or how annoying the game sounds, I don't think anyone's gotten stabbed over the issue until this kid.

Fourteen year old Matthew Gorzynski was stabbed in the chest by fifteen year old William Gorzynkski, his own brother, after the two argued over "a noisy home computer." Apparently the boys had it out about music volume in the past, but this time ended with second degree murder charges.

As sad as the incident is, I actually contemplated what song could've been so bad that William reached for a kitchen knife. God help me for even wondering that, but after thinking about it: there really must've been something way more behind this incident than just a loudly played song otherwise the world is a worse place than I'd imagined.
<SIZE size="75">I have to admit... I wondered what song was so bad he'd stab his brother over it too. :eek: </SIZE>

More here: Coral Springs: Teen stabs brother to death, police say -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

The second link sounds like sibling rivalry just got out of control... horribly.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
zeitgeist said:
Too much inconsideration can make you mad. Really mad... but this mad?

just depends on how much crap (abuse) a person has had to put up with from people. there's only so much a person can take before they start lashing out at anyone and everyone that crosses their path. its something to keep in mind throughout each day.

back to topic. it does sound like sibling rivalry out of control.
this is awful. feel bad for them. they have a long road ahead of them. can't even begin to imagine how its going to affect the rest of their lives even with prison time being in the future for the boy.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Where we live someone stabbed his brother to death with a sword because he wouldn't give him the remote control!

When I was at uni there was a boy in our flat and his bedroom was next to mine, he used to play music really loud pretty much all night, so everyone morning I used to do my morning wee on his tooth brush, that was very satisfying.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I may have told this story in another thread.

My grandma who has since passed (no sympathy please she was a btch) 80+ yrs old. Was in the Micky D's drive thru. The vehical with 4 teens was in front of her (blaring rap). By the time they had made it to the takout window she had had enough. She put her car in drive and floored it shoving them past the window and onto the sidwalk. The cops wrote her several tickets but she stuck by her story that she was just sick of listening to thier music.

She told this story at thanksgiving dinner. The rest of the older ladies were all "Way to go Viv" Im thinking "you insane phycopath".

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bssage said:
she stuck by her story that she was just sick of listening to thier music.

She told this story at thanksgiving dinner. The rest of the older ladies were all "Way to go Viv" Im thinking "you insane phycopath".

So, she went all Kathy Bates on them...I've always wanted to do something like that, but my own sanity keeps getting in the way I guess. She should have gone the route of "old lady steps on the wrong pedal" but she'd probably worry about them pulling her license then.

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
when i was a teen (lived in an apartment), there were boys of my age living one floor downstairs. they loved 'listening' to music on full volume, and usually it was the stupidest Russian pop. I often wanted to set their door on fire. But I responded with Sepultura on full volume (of course when parents were absent).