Ultrabooks' ease of use for parents...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
<r>With the creation of laptops and netbooks, learning can happen just about anywhere there is a WiFi connection. Smartphones offer this, but with smaller screens they aren’t always practical for routine and constant use. While these devices are great for in the car, sitting in a doctor's office, or grocery shopping, many cannot do everything a laptop or desktop does; they can be limiting and even restricting at times. Standard laptops have value, but they can be cumbersome and with a low battery life they can be frustrating. Similar to phones, there is a need to always know where a power outlet is.<br/>
<br/>
What if there was another option? One like Intel’s new <URL url="</s>Ultrabook<e></e></URL>! Its smaller size offers greater portability and because of its all-in-one design and efficiency, it has a longer battery life. It has everything a desktop has, but think tablet on a larger scale, and standard laptop on a smaller scale. This offers greater convenience for parents who like a little more than what is currently on the market. <br/>
<br/>
With Rapid Start Technology the Ultrabook starts up, even from the deepest sleep, within a matter of seconds. To help make the experience even more enjoyable, Intel has added Smart Response Technology to its Ultrabooks, which lets you access your favorite sites faster because it automatically recognizes and stores the information for you. This is an added bonus for parents who are only able to find a few minutes here and there to get reconnected with friends and family or attend to important emails. <br/>
<br/>
I love my tablet and I love my phone, but there are times where neither device can accomplish what I need. In those times I find myself heading for my laptop, but it can be heavy and not always very convenient so I end up having to wait for a good time. In my world that means when the kids are asleep and the house is quiet. While I am putting them to bed, I turn it on so that way by the time they are laid down, it is up and ready to go. The sad fact is that by the time I usually get to the computer, I have forgotten half of what I wanted to do.<br/>
<br/>
I can only imagine what I could get down with faster start up times on an Ultrabook. I wouldn’t have to wait for the kids to be in bed; with a click of the power button it would be up and running. I would no longer have to forget what I needed to get done, and I would no longer have to make sure an outlet was readily available.</r>