Ummm......

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
It seems lately I spend more time on here pissing off people and then apologizing than actually chatting and contributing. I don't really know why. I've been dealing with some really difficult things on a personal level since late last year, and I guess I just haven't been able to keep my cool the way I would want to.

I'll take the weekend to think about it before I make any rash decision (I don't think I need to be any more impulsive than I've already been :rolleyes:) but I'm considering taking a break from this forum until I've sorted out my own crap to the point where I can make a positive contribution again. I may delete some posts if I decide it is warranted. I don't know. Probably shouldn't do anything permanent now.

I don't really know why I'm posting this. I guess I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my recent behaviour on here, and if you don't see me posting anymore, know that it is temporary. I'll be back, hopefully more in control of myself and more objective...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I don't think you have been rude at all. Pretty much everything I have read from you I believe has been warranted.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I don't think you've come across as excessively hostile either. There's always that one post every now and then that reminds us of someone awful, and it's easy to attribute all that baggage to the person posting.

However, if you <I>feel</I> excessively hostile all the time, then I can understand wanting to step away for awhile. I used to belong to a political forum! It started out as a great group of open-minded people who shared good insights and could appreciate each others' points. But over time it degenerated into partisan anger and I decided I wasn't getting anything out of it nor contributing anything meaningful to it, so I left.

Hope to see you back soon.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
No, I feel the same way, and I don't think it's just because you and/or I are behaving badly, I think it's because an exceptional amount of controversial/offensive stuff has been posted on this forum lately and we are reacting in the defense (in a reasonable manner, IMO).

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
It's all good sd. I always tend to get buggered up when I post without sleep. Even when I think I'm on my game I will reread some of my stuff and scratch my head "what was I thinking". I find I have the most difficulty with the extremes either way "hard approach" or soft approach" .

I think we all take breaks from the site from time to time. I know I do. Keep in mind none of us are right all the time. I think the site serves better as a place of varying views and strategies. Than a place mandating specific parenting strategies.

I prefer to use the disclaimers "IMHO" "It has been my experience" "have had some success with" rather than trying tell someone they have to do A B or C.

And we all have our soapbox topic's. I would guess you all know most of mine. And I can read a post that I'll say to myself "Oh SD Or Xero is going to be all over that. I think the Core group has gotten to know one another pretty well.

If we all thought alike. The site would be no fun at all.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Huh? Have I missed something? I've never seen you be rude or hostile, passionate at times but that's not the same thing to me.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Well, I'm glad you guys did not perceive it to be as bad as I thought... because as it turns out, I won't be able to walk away from the forum right now. I need advice! I'll post a thread in the appropriate section...

PS: I will try my best to stay out of the "difficult" threads... eg. the foster care one. I trust you guys to handle that!

Last edited:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
singledad said:
PS: I will try my best to stay out of the "difficult" threads... eg. the foster care one. I trust you guys to handle that!
I'm out of that one already, I am done replying. That person is not willing to listen to reason at all, and didn't even seem to read my whole response. They are convinced that abandoning their child to the system is all flowers and butterflies, so okay. I wont be nice if I talk anymore on that, so I'm out haha.