Uni acceptance!!!!...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Our oldest Jackson just phoned, nothing ever done face to face :rolleyes: to say that today he and his boyfriend both received unconditional offers to Birmingham university!! So now they are looking for accommodation and we are getting rid of our champion slob! He is going to be reading Physical Geography.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
We're really proud, he is a year late going as in his first year of sixth form he did zero work and failed everything, thankfully he has learnt his lesson now and does what needs to be done.

Turtel

May 22, 2009
America
Excellent.

I had two sessions of University and got two Degree's and one thing I advise any parent is to treat them like they are going to work and trying to be independant. Support them but don't make it easier for them.

Students who work weekend jobs get work after University a lot quicker where students who's parents pay their way and let them do nothing in their spare times often get heavier questions in invterviews even from a bank!

It does not have to be paid work either it just has to be a sign that a student has giving 110% and not just what they needed to give to get grades because today sadly a degree does not carry so much weight.

Thats my advice