Update...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Hello all...update on my life and on our current situation.

1. My new job is going really well...very very busy. I'm sorry that I haven't been around.

2. We're having complications with our pregnancy. Heather's blood pressure spiked to over 200 and is now in full blown pre-eclampsia. She's in the hospital where she will likely remain for the remainder of the pregnancy. It's VERY possible that our baby will be born soon...though we're hoping to hold out until at least 30 weeks. We just took a tour of the NICU lastnight. Wow, what an intimidating place. Currently, Heather is 27 weeks and 4 days along and the baby is about 1 pound, 10 ounces. The positive is that we're in an excellent hospital with great neonatal care, so if he has to be born, then we're in the right place.

I'll update further when I can.

Steve

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Sorry to hear about the problems brother. I hope things work out for the best. I will be rooting for you and yours.

Glad to hear the job is going well. Your absence is always noticed around here.

We will be standing by for updates.

bssage

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I was actually just wondering about you this morning.

Sorry to hear of the difficulties. Your family is in my prayers.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Oh no dadu! Sending the little ones all the sticky baby vibes I can! The good news is that neonatal care has come so very far! It's really amazing what they can do today.

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
mom2many said:
Oh no dadu! Sending the little ones all the sticky baby vibes I can! The good news is that neonatal care has come so very far! It's really amazing what they can do today.
My best friend went through something very similar, and her baby was born at 26 weeks... The little boy is about a year and half now and so far, he is healthy, even if he is weaker and still more prone to infections.
They really do incredible miracles today.

Dadu, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Thank you all -

Nathan Alan was born today at 1:32pm. He is 1.9lbs and 13.5" long. He was born at 27weeks, 4 days. He is currently stable and in the NICU here at Cleveland Clinic. The nurses and doctors are very happy with how he is doing, and find that his mature age is actually further along than his gestational age.

It has been an incredibly emotional day. Words cannot describe how tiny this baby is...he looks just so helpless. He will likely be here until his original due date, which is the middle of June. Heather is doing well, though still fighting high BP. She should be able to come home on Monday.

I have some pictures, but they are all on my phone, so I'll upload some later.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...please continue them because we have a long way to go...

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
Dadu, congratulation on this new birth. What day it must have been, I cannot begin to imagine.
If you want, I can put you in contact with my friend who had her baby at 26 weeks, I know she has a ton of resources she collected over this process.
My thoughts are with you.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
good to hear he OK. Thats a tough place to hang out. I know even though Cole was big they thought he had a heart issue and we had to be in that ward for a couple of weeks. Hope its close to home for you.

I am curious how Delaney is doing. I know the Dadu tribe is going to come out on top.

best wishes
bssage

Last edited:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Congrat's on Nathan Alan!!!!

1.9 pounds, hefty little guy for 27 weeks :) My sister had her twins at 26 and they were barely over a pound. They were so TINY. He will get all of the good vibes I can send his way. Has Heather been able to spend time with him?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Congratulations and I am sorry he had to come so soon and you guys have to endure the NICU! I have every faith that you will all pull through though, especially little baby Nathan. It is amazing what they can do nowadays and it sounds like he is in good hands. I am keeping that little baby in my thoughts! Can't wait to see pictures I am sure he is absolutely beautiful. <3

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Thanks all... he's doing pretty good and he's going to be a fighter. We haven't told Delaney yet because we want her to be able to concentrate (from my years here, you all know Delaney will be stressed to the maxed). I am going to tell her today when I pick her up from school and take her to the hospital. Heather hasn't been able to see Nathan yet because she's been on Magnesium Sulfate...she'll be able to see him at 3:30pm today.
The NICU is definitely an intimidating place...all those babies that need extra help. But, Cleveland Clinic is a world renowned hospital and the branch we're at is one of 3 Level 3 NICU's in Ohio...so I know we're in the best place that we can possibly be. Little boy just needs to sit and grow.