UW Offers San Diego LB Whos Changed His

seestyle

Sep 27, 2022
It's called a growth spurt.A tall, willowy David "D.J." Peevy, a linebacker from San Diego's Lincoln High School, has turned himself into a much more desirable 6-foot-4, 210-pound prospect since first enrolling.After practically living in the weight rookie, he's Michael Wacha Jersey roughly 50 pounds heavier while awaiting his senior year.Admittedly, Peevy said the added bulk has taken a little getting used to, but he finds it nece sary to achieve his football goals. The analysts describe him as a "hyper athletic linebacker.""I want to be more physical, that's what I Chris Beck Jersey am working on," Peevy told Recruiting News Guru. "If I had more physicality, I would have made more plays this season. My hands, I am working on my hands with technical movements on the line. I need to Brett Cecil Jersey learn how to run with this weight. I was 160 pounds. Running with 210 pounds, it is different. It is not the same, but I am getting used to it now."Recruiters are warming up to a bigger Peevy, too. On Monday, the University of Washington offered a scholarship to the Cla s of 2023 player, this coming after a recent offer from Oregon.This Husky staff has seen him from all angles, with Kalen DeBoer's coaches offering Peevy last summer on behalf of Fresno State.Scroll to ContinueOthers who have pitched a scholarship at Jose Martinez Jersey him are Arizona, Oregon State, San Jose State, Utah State, Colorado State, Morgan State, Colorado and Nevada.For an 8-4 Hornets team, the young linebacker comes off a season in which he finished with 37 tackles, 3 of which were sacks.Peevy could always run and spends springtime on the track team competing in the 100-, 200- and 400-meter dashes plus a pair of relays.Now as this bigger body with all that speed, more and more people are running to Matt Carpenter Jersey him, offers in hand.