Vaccines and drugs...

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I know that vaccines have been a highly debated topic on this forum. It looks like they are studying to release a new vaccine - not to give to babies, but to drug addicts.

I found it very interesting, so I thought I would share.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22471149/?GT1=10755

What do you all think about this? If you had a teenager with a substance abuse problem, is this an avenue you would explore while trying to get them help?

What if this vaccine was tweaked, and given to kids at a young age in order to prevent the brain's reaction to drugs, thereby preventing them from ever becoming dependent on drugs? Would you make this part of your vaccination schedule?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I think vaccination schedules are bogus and a way for drug companies to make money while suckering in parents who think they are doing the right thing. I also think that vaccines are a great thing for those who have researched them and then make the decisoin that it is better to have them then to not.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
my nephew had a drug abuse problem and they gave him a shot that they swore would keep him off drugs, it didn't. I'm not saying this is the samething...just that somehting like it has been tried and failed somebody I love. This isn't something I would consider giving my child to prevent drug abuse, I'll give that a shot myself...now if they come up with a vax for whining I'll jump right on the bandwagon for that...lol Now if 20 yrs from now my child was addicted to drugs and we had tried EVERYTHING else I may consider somehting like this as an answer but I would really want there to be a lot more testing out there to back up their claims

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I think I would do it IF the vaccine had been proven safe and effective AND had long-term studies to back it up.

I'll take the whining one too, lol.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I agree with Fallon. My husband was put on antabuse to stop him from drinking and he was told he could have seizures and die if he did and guess what..............he drank..........he got sick.......he drank.........then he quit getting sick and kept drinking.
People are going to do the drugs no matter what. The only way to make them stop is to sew their mouths shut, but they'd only find a way to inject it. I'll still stick with what I've always said "EDUCATION" is the only way to help these teens and most adults.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
hannah's mommy said:
I think I would do it IF the vaccine had been proven safe and effective AND had long-term studies to back it up.

I'll take the whining one too, lol.
long term studies will never be done. NOt one accine on the market now has ever had a long term study done. Even the drug companies themselves say they do not know enough about long term effects. Yet are there studies out there? My guess is yes but they will not release them because it would not look good for them. Think about it, we put known carcinagens in childhood vaccines and then wonder why cancer is on the rise in children.

As for this particular drug, if I had tried all means possible, then I may consider it after long research on it