Video Game Parent Guide-5 Things Parents Should Know: The Cave...

Dwight McCarthy

Jan 31, 2013
<r>Hello, <br/>
<br/>
My name is Eric I am the managing editor of VividGamer.com, we started a new feature aimed at educating Parents on video games that their kids might be interested in. 5 things parents should know will be a recurring feature where we Go beyond the ESRB ratings, we’ll let you know what might not be suitable for children or what might actually be acceptable, so you can make a more informed judgement about whether or not to allow your child to play the particular title.<br/>
<br/>
Most of our followers of the blog aren't parents so I figured I would start posting links here at this Parenting forum so you Parents out there can learn more about the video games your children might want to play.<br/>
<br/>
<URL url="http://vividgamer.com/2013/01/31/5-things-parents-should-know-the-cave/</LINK_TEXT><e>[/URL]</e></URL><br/>
<br/>
Please feel free to ask any questions about the game The Cave, or anything related to video games. Our goal with this feature is to educate parents. <br/>
<br/>
Thanks!</r>

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
I usually pay no attention at ratings, more at themes. And i am not really that fussy about violence, but i don't really like very adult themes - sex related stuff, and not just sex, but deviant sex practices.
It was a csi new your game on nintendo ds, and it had... Homosexual characters, murder evidence - semen sample. And my kid of course asked whats that. Well, my kid was too young to play that game, was rated twelve, but still... Game makers are creative, so they could build something more considerate

Dwight McCarthy

Jan 31, 2013
TabascoNatalie said:
I usually pay no attention at ratings, more at themes. And i am not really that fussy about violence, but i don't really like very adult themes - sex related stuff, and not just sex, but deviant sex practices.
It was a csi new your game on nintendo ds, and it had... Homosexual characters, murder evidence - semen sample. And my kid of course asked whats that. Well, my kid was too young to play that game, was rated twelve, but still... Game makers are creative, so they could build something more considerate
That's exactly what we hope to accomplish with this feature. Some parents don't want their child exposed to things like you just mentioned and the back of a game won't tell you the information you need. This is why relatives ask me about a game before they buy it because there's just not enough information on the package to make a decision. Even some E rated games might have some more mature themes that you just wouldn't expect.