warning signs...

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed because of stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. (darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how???...)

On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's "just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh)!

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????..)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine:"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (and...I'm taking this because???.....)

On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)

On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash!)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."

On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

<SIZE size="75">very bored today.

<SIZE size="100">and another one sorta not related to the warning signs...
</SIZE>
</SIZE><I>In the beginning of time the world was full of men. God decided this was not a good idea. So he handed them all chain saws....and the rest is history.</I>

:mask:

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
we were at opne of those dollar type stores and got the lil man a fireman's hat that was just a thin plastiic party hat, and it actually had a warning on it that is wasn't actually safety equipment and shouldn't be used as such. I mean the thing wouldn't have stopped a falling lego. I almost took pictures to send to Leno....

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL Those were SO funny!!!

My friends and I get a laugh out of stuff like that all the time at work, because we find the stupidest warning labels, and instructions and stuff. Most bags of dog treats specify that they are not for human consumption lol.

I remember a couple funny ones. One was on the "Pedi-Paws" which is a nail grinder for pets. It said something like "for external use only" LOL. Like... where on earth has somebody tried to stick a nail grinder??? O__O

And then there is this special high calorie, high fat food we have there and the instructions specify that this food is particularly nutritious for "pregnant and lactating bitches". I just think its funny that the word bitch can be found at PetSmart. lol Like they couldn't have used another word for a female dog? Sheesh! Children shop here! :p I think they did it just to have fun with it. haha I know, I'm so immature.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Mom2all said:
It's a little different but, my honey and I passed up a dinner in a NC Mountain town diner that had Tube Steak on special...
My MIL pretty regularly refers to Hot dogs by that term, without the slightest knowledge of any other connotation....

I let her do so without correcting her because:
a) I don't want to have that talk with her
B) She probably wouldn't listen/modify her behavior anyway
C) It kinda fun to imagine who she might say it to. "Hello Father Tom, would you like a hamburger or can I interest you in a Tube Steak?"

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
I just think its funny that the word bitch can be found at PetSmart. lol Like they couldn't have used another word for a female dog? .

Maybe they weren't recommending it JUST for dogs....hhhmmmm?

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Once driving out west in the middle of the pitch-black night down a 2 lane divided highway I came across a sign on the left that said,

"Caution, Left Lane Closed Ahead - Merge Right"

and directly on the other side of the road was a similar sign that said,

"Caution, Right Lane Closed Ahead - Merge Left"

I remember waking my buddy who was sleeping in the back seat and telling him "better put on your seat-belt, things could get real interesting here shortly"

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
:yikes:came across some more.
<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Warning label on a letter opener that says: 'Caution: Safety goggles recommended.'</LI>
    <LI>
  • Fuel Tank Cap: 'Never use a lit match or open flame to check the fuel level'</LI>
    <LI>
  • A cartridge for a laser printer warns, 'Do not eat toner'</LI>
    <LI>
  • A label on a hair dryer reads: 'Never use hair dryer while sleeping'</LI>
    <LI>
  • A warning on an electric drill made for carpenters cautions: 'This product not intended for use as a dental drill.'</LI>
    <LI>
  • On a child's buggy: 'Remove Child Before Folding'</LI>
    <LI>
  • A label on a baby-stroller featuring a small storage pouch that warns:
    'Do not put child in bag.'</LI>
    <LI>
  • A dishwasher carries this warning: 'Do not allow children to play in the dishwasher.'</LI>
    <LI>
  • A popular manufactured fireplace log warns:
    'Caution - Risk of Fire.'</LI>
    <LI>
  • 'The Vanishing Fabric Marker should not be used as a writing instrument for signing checks or any legal documents.'</LI>
    <LI>
  • The label on a bottle of drain cleaner warns: 'If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.'</LI>
</LIST>

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
A warning on an electric drill made for carpenters cautions: 'This product not intended for use as a dental drill.'

love it! Note, it doesn't say "shouldn't be used," or "not to be used." it just says "not intended..." so, there's room for interpretation...maybe THEIR intentions aren't the same as mine....

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
IADad said:
A warning on an electric drill made for carpenters cautions: 'This product not intended for use as a dental drill.'

love it! Note, it doesn't say "shouldn't be used," or "not to be used." it just says "not intended..." so, there's room for interpretation...maybe THEIR intentions aren't the same as mine....
They are almost <U>daring</U> us to aren't they?