What a night.......

lelo2006

Jan 10, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
My 1 year old has been having a hard time going to be or taking naps lately. She just screams and screams and did I mention screams :arghh: . It's enough for you to go insane. Anyho... tried to get her to go to be at her usual time and no doing, after an hour of screaming and me repeatadly going in and laying her back down with her bottle I gave up and tried an old technique given to me by my mother, THE BATH! Nice hot bath and we played in it, got out, got dressed in PJ, don't know why I bother with her anyways she's just out of them in 2 seconds anyways. Place her in bed with a nice warm bottle and as soon as I leave the room the screaming started again. After a half hour of screaming I finally tried rocking her and after a half hour of rocking she was asleep...... pheeew.

2 AM IN THE MORNING comes screaming from her room. My loving husband who has to be up early decides he'll try and get her back to sleep. After an hour of him trying everything in under the sun, he gives up and I take her upstairs cause I'm at my wits end. She plays from 3 am until 6am upon which time she falls asleep on my lap from sheer exhaustion. Did I mention the fact that she was tired to begin with.

So no sleep, what so ever today and I child that know refuses to take a nap so she feel asleep on the floor today during her play time. What to do?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Does she have an ear infection? Oliver is like this when he is not feeling well and/or has an ear infection.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Have you tried a lavendar bath? What about a routine- do you do the same thing every night? Getting into a routine will help.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Ditto Lissa. My first thought was ear infection, or possibly teething. Hope she's better soon!

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Yeah my first thought was ear infection. My 16 month old for the last week at least she has been up all night. Tuesday she went to the doctor and has severe ear infections.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
My first thought was routine. I understand the up all night thing as my 2 year still does not sleep through the night consistantly. But when its bed time I make her stayin her bed or my bed. I usually lay with her though.
Definately try to get her on a routine. Do the same thing EVERY night. It might take 2 weeks but she will get it. The up in the middle of the night thing... well as I said my 2 year old does not sleep through the night BUT I do not let her play when she gets up either. She still has to stay in bed

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Must be something in the air. Oliver will not go to sleep tonight. I've been trying to get him to sleep for an hour now.

lelo2006

Jan 10, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Well to answers everyone's questions. No it's not an ear infection. We do have a routine, sometimes it get's a little off but usually, she's in bed by 8pm if possible. She has a bath and she has lavander shampoo and bubble bath so she has lavander, tried that one.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
What about reading to her in her room in a nice cozy chair or in her bed if you don't have one. I usually read for about 10-15 minutes every night with NIchole. HTen when we are done we lay down to go to sleep.

lelo2006

Jan 10, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
You see I would except I saw that situation go very bad with my brother. My mom always had to lay with him or sit with him to go to sleep and he didn't get out of that habit until maybe 3 years ago or so, he's 10 know. I really don't want her to get into the habit of thinking someone always has to be there. I don't mind the reading to her then putting her in her own room but I don't want her to get dependent on having to have someone sit there well she goes to sleep. Just from seeing it from experience.