What age do you stop holding a baby?

tlifter188

Apr 7, 2022
My son is 6.5 months and I’m wondering when you stop holding babies. I love my kid and typically enjoy holding him. I want to get a tattoo on my right forearm because I know what I want and I have a tattoo on my left forearm. I do not want unnecessary damage to the tattoo letting him rest on my arm. Thank you.

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
Why not hold the baby with the arm that isn't getting tattooed? How long did you hold your other kids?

I still hold my 19 month old so I personally think you should hold your child as long as you're able to but every family is different.

tlifter188

Apr 7, 2022
Why not hold the baby with the arm that isn't getting tattooed? How long did you hold your other kids?

I still hold my 19 month old so I personally think you should hold your child as long as you're able to but every family is different.
Holding him with my other arm would still mean his legs can kick the newly tattooed arm. He’s my first. Normally I would love to hold him. I haven’t thought of a time to stop except when he gets too heavy. Maybe it’s best to hold off on getting a tattoo there. Thank you for your suggestions.

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
Holding him with my other arm would still mean his legs can kick the newly tattooed arm. He’s my first. Normally I would love to hold him. I haven’t thought of a time to stop except when he gets too heavy. Maybe it’s best to hold off on getting a tattoo there. Thank you for your suggestions.
I think that might be a good idea. You can always get a tattoo later down the road but you can never get back the critical bonding time you have while your child is small enough to hold.