What do you think?...

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
Okay, DH and I have been using BC since my youngest was born but a couple of weeks ago we didn't and now my breasts and lower abdomen feel tender and I'm worried that I might be pregnant even though I haven't missed yet. Is it possible I'm just imagining the symptoms because I'm worried about it? I know there are early preg tests out there and I'm wondering if I should spend the money and get one even though we really can't afford it or just wait and see if I miss. Sorry if it's TMI, I'm really worried.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
To be honest I wouldn't spend the money on a pg test because alot of times the body will flush out a pg so it's better to wait until you have missed a period. To be on the safe side just don't drink or smoke if you do.
That's the only bad thing with early pg tests they test before the body does it's natural flushing and then woman get disappointed when it doesn't happen.
Best of luck hun.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I would say get a test when you are due. That way you know for sure. Most early pg signs are also signs of the period

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I'd wait until yo'uve actually missed a period to get a test, or don't spend the money and see your doc so they can take the test for you!

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
I don't have insurance so it'd be more expensive for me to see a doctor about it. Guess I'll just wait, only have a couple weeks to go anyway. I never smoke and rarely drink so it's not gonna be a big problem for me. Just would like to know so we can start preparing or I can stop worrying.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Planned parenthood can do the test as well. Its like 15 bucks or so, but the home one is just as accurate

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
Well I'm not pregnant, unless this is one of those weird cases where the woman still menstrates.:laugh: I feel funny about it. Like I almost wanted to be though, even though I know we can't afford another baby so I'm glad I'm not.:(