What I can do to help my children deal with divorce ?...

GlennaAnoKy

Jul 16, 2020
I've been with my husband together for almost 4 years, I have two children (8 and 12 y.o.) from my previous marriage. Last year was the worst year of my life, my husband has a drinking problem and he was fired from his job due to that. I'm tired to fight over his passion for drinking, so we went through a quick divorce in Florida and currently living apart from each other. Is there any way how I can help my kids to went through divorce again? My ex-husband doesn't want to be involved in the life of my kids, so I don't know if I should explain the conflict we had to them.

Stanleyhor

May 31, 2020
Unfortunately, every divorce has an affect kid - they likely to experience distress, anger, anxiety, and disbelief. Divorce usually means children lose daily contact with one parent - most often fathers, so you should talk with your husband more whether he wants to participate in the life of his children or not. What you need to do is maintain a healthy relationship with your child.

GlennaAnoKy

Jul 16, 2020
Joseph Myers" post_id="149231" time="1578141481 said:
Unfortunately, every divorce has an affect kid - they likely to experience distress, anger, anxiety, and disbelief. Divorce usually means children lose daily contact with one parent - most often fathers, so you should talk with your husband more whether he wants to participate in the life of his children or not. What you need to do is maintain a healthy relationship with your child.
Thank you very much for your advice! I try to put my grief aside at first and have a reasonable talk with kids. I hope they will understand when they grow older, but you can't build a happy family in relationships where you feeling miserable. I hope that I can move forward from now on and they won't feel much stress from going through a divorce.