What kind of bread do you buy?...

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
Just curious: do you buy white bread, wheat bread, or whole wheat bread?

I admit I''m a stickler for whole wheat only.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I LOVE white bread. All my childhood years i've had whole wheat. So the moment i moved out i bought white bread, bc now i don't have someone telling me i can't LOL

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh gawd, you know this is a breeding ground for Yulia to come back and say "you know white bread has formaldihyde" (sp)
We use white, potato. We are not huge bread eaters here.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I buy white and cracked light wheat. Alenya doesn't like wheat bread, so I let her use white, and I use wheat. DH will use either.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I like wheat bread, especially the ones with oats or nuts in them. I prefer the butter top.

Not much of a white bread fan, it's kinda spongy to me.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Sara Lee White bread(not whole grain) It's thick sliced, moist and delicious. I totally dont care if it's not good for me. I hate the taste of wheat bread.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
We buy honey wheat or regular wheat. I prefer white bread but it isn't good for you and the Mrs. doesn't care for it.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
We buy flax because it's the compromise between brown for Morgan and white for Emma. I couldn't care less, personally. I don't know what it is with my kids, but they never like the same things and they're both horrifically picky. We have three kinds of milk in the fridge because neither like the kind me and the hubby drink, and they don't like each other's either.

Shari Nielsen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2008
CT
I love white - plain old white bread. However, my husband is a health nut and trained the kids so they eat a multi-grain "Milton's" brand that he gets at Costco. I remember the first time I lifted up the loaf ---it was the most dense bread that I ever touched! One loaf weighs about 2 1/2 lbs!

I protested and did not want to try it. I did and was surprised at how sweet it was. It really wasn't that bad and I will eat it here and there. The kids love it.