What style of parenting?

Ajackson

Mar 30, 2021
Which parenting style is best for me to use? I have a six year old boy (and other children). I am attuned, empathetic and affectionate 42 year old male (who is currently exploring why my high benevolence/altruism doesn't seem to effectively make it into the world).

My "metrics":
• Musical, kinesthetic, intrapersonal, linguistic, spatial, interpersonal are high on my Gardners 9 intelligences (in roughly that order)
• one-on-one closeness > lone wolf > socializing, at least in groups of more than one
• love language is physical tough, with words of affirmation and quality time a distant second
• Personality styles of avoidant, and then dependent, may be somewhat raised at this point
• INFP-T, middling on all letters (58-64%)

Son metrics, it SEEMS thus far
• Logic/math, linguistic, spatial, intrapersonal, musical, high on his Gardners 9 intelligences (in roughly that order)
• Introverted
• Love language quality time then gifts
• one-on-one closeness > lone wolf > socializing, at least in groups of more than one

Addendum - I was told aspects of this may be outdated, but here is at least one coverage of styles: https://www.popsugar.com/family/Different-Styles-Parenting-34557353/amp

Take one example: my son wants only a very small birthday party with no "rambunctious, loud cousins". What is the good thing to do for him, and what would you say my impact is in such items as a parent (on a 1-100 scale)? Or would you say parenting is just a coin flip as to kids' outcomes? Thanks!