What to do when your child does not want to drive?

dthor68

Dec 23, 2020
My 20 year old son got his license at 18. He does not like driving. He looks so uncomfortable behind the wheel and he makes lots of mistakes. For instance, he came to a stop sign and stopped then he proceeded to go because he thought it was his turn. However it was a 2-way stop not a 4-way. Had I not been with him telling him to stop...

And now things are even worse! On 2/20/20 my 24 year old daughter, his sister, died in a auto accident. My daughter loved to drive and she was a good driver. And it breaks my heart to no end that I so frequently told her how much it worried me whenever he got behind the wheel and It was so nice that I never had to worry about her. But other than crying every day for 10 months straight there is nothing I can do about that, it is unfixable

So now he is even less confident behind the wheel. He will not have much of a life if I have to take him everywhere and I will not let him drive until he has confidence. I am not going through that again. So what can be done to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.