What type of learning atmosphere do you support?...

FionnaK

PF Regular
Feb 18, 2008
New York
and oh..the piggy back things IS a little weird. As a teacher I would never dream of doing something like that. There are too many chances for someone taking it the wrong way. I think teachers are even afraid to help kids zip up their coat these days.

In elementary school I had a music teacher who did this very strange thing. He would have a kid sit on his lap and he would bleat like a sheep. To this day I feel uncomfortable even thinking about it.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
musicmom said:
There is no reason an adult should be "piggy back" riding some other person's child. I think it's wierd and boarder lines on pedophilia if the person doesn't stop.

How does giving a kid a piggyback ride boarder on pedophilia?

You DO know what pedophilia is, don't you?

I just said I wouldn't be comfortable with my kid doing such things. I'm not saying a teacher who plays freely is a pedophile, or close to it. lol

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
LoL uneducated people make me laugh. If you fear abuse of the kids fear close family members or friends. Statistically they cause the harm. There is nothing wrong with piggy back rides. Having a kid sit on your lap and bleating like a sheep is weird though. lol

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
SM, I already think you think too much about kids in an abnormal way. That's just my opinion.
SM, I already think you think too much about kids in a <I>different</I> way. That's just my opinion.

fixed.

BethInAK

PF Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2008
Anchorage, AK
FionnaK said:
In elementary school I had a music teacher who did this very strange thing. He would have a kid sit on his lap and he would bleat like a sheep. To this day I feel uncomfortable even thinking about it.
i agree the piggyback thing is indicative of someone who has inappropriate boundaries, IMO.

But the sheep bleating thing? Thats very, very creepy. How did he convince kids to sit on his lap and how was the bleating explained?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
SuperMario said:
SM, I already think you think too much about kids in a <I>different</I> way. That's just my opinion.

fixed.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

*shivers*

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
lol take it easy. Interpret that as you will but I bet what your thinking is absolutely wrong.

FionnaK

PF Regular
Feb 18, 2008
New York
BethInAK said:
i agree the piggyback thing is indicative of someone who has inappropriate boundaries, IMO.

But the sheep bleating thing? Thats very, very creepy. How did he convince kids to sit on his lap and how was the bleating explained?
The kids were actually insanely excited to "GET" to sit on the teacher's lap and do this. It was a reward. I was so young and way too dumb to think otherwise! Now I can't believe it.