When you know...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Hey, it's been a while since I last posted and for that I am sorry. For those of you who are new and don't remember me I will give you a little back story before I kick off with my question.

I am 24 years old. I love in Australia and I have 4 children. Felix, Alegra, Mikaela and Tarrah anyway I am getting married in 3 months and definitely not TTC but for the past 8 days I have been getting crazy pregnancy symptoms. I have been nauseous, tired, tender breasts etc I took a test on the second day of nausea and it came up negative. I tried to forget about it because they was only 9 days after the sex had occurred and I knew it was too early to test I tried to put it out of my mind but here I am 5 days later (2 weeks after the sex) and still feeling the same symptoms (and now 3 days late for period) and I tested again. But again it came up negative. Am I creating the symptoms because I am worried about being pregnant? Or is there more too it? It feels exactly like every other time i have been pregnant

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
Hi Antoinette,

Obviously I can't tell you for sure whether you're pregnant or not, but I can tell you something from my own experience. I remember one time, years ago, I had a one-night stand with someone. Afterwards, I got really afraid that it would have made me pregnant. Sure enough, I started to feel some 'pregnancy symptoms'. When it was time for my period, it didn't come, and I had always been super regular.

Long story short, I was not pregnant, but I think that my mind played a part in all this and it caused my period to be late.

Ask yourself... at what time in your cycle did you have sex, and do you normally have a regular period?

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
Something similar happened to me before I first got actually pregnant. My stomach was bloating out. At one point I looked 4 months pregnant, as a friend with 2 kids pointed out. I was feeling like I had to go to the washroom a lot. It ticked off my work and everyone was asking what was up. I wasn't feeling all that great and my stomach was aching. I really thought I was pregnant. And since I was on medication that made me very fertile, it was a high possibility. I was even doing a bunch of pregnancy tests and they kept coming up inconclusive because of a cyst in my pituitary gland (reason for taking meds for). It turned out to be just a lot of gas. After going to the doctor for that diagnosis my body started to go back to normal. I was just a teen then, so I was glad it was just gas. I was also very embarrassed. My manager thought I was pregnant, too, and she gave me a weird look when I said what it was. I think she thought I just terminated the pregnancy. :eek: