Where can I find Pediasure?...

Weeza

Oct 28, 2009
Gatineau
Hello! My 19 month-old daughter is not gaining enough weight. It's been a problem since she was born, but now that she is below the 3 percentile, and since nothing else seems to work, my pedriatician is recommending that we get try to drink one can of Pediasure every day.

Where can I find Pediasure? I am located in Gatineau, Québec. The drugstore located close to my home doesn't sell it (it's a Jean Coutu) and I have been having trouble finding it. I found some at a Shoppers in Ottawa, but they only had chocolate flavor. I am fine with chocolate, but I would like to also try other flavors to see which one my daughter prefers.

Any tips?

I also welcome any tips you may have on getting my daughter to eat more and gain weight!

Thanks!

Weeza

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Pediasure is available in most grocery stores in the US but it's pricey. My DD was in the 2nd percentile as a toddler/preschooler and our pediatrician recommended supplementing with either Pediasure or whole milk with Ovaltine or Carnation Instant breakfast. We chose to go with the second option because it was cheaper and more readily available.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I wish I could help. I have no idea where you would find it where you live. Its pretty much everywhere I look where I live. Wal-Mart, Giant Eagle, Rite Aid, K-Mart, anywhere really. I can't imagine having to look for it lol.

But since you obviously have access to the internet, why don't you just order it online and have it shipped to you???

My son practically doesn't eat at all, and I give him a sippy cup full of Carnation Breakfast Essentials (also known as Carnation Instant Breakfast lol) every morning and that helps me feel better lol. They're all almost the same thing really. But Pediasure is smaller and costs more. :/ Otherwise I would use it.

They have "picky eater tips" and "find a store near you" on the website. Hopefully that will help, if you don't want to order it off of the web:

Complete, Balanced Nutrition - Pediatrician Recommended - Protein, Vitamins, Minerals

And here's the first website that popped up when I searched for it, that you can buy it from (but there are lots):

Buy PediaSure bars, protein drinks & shakes products online

Good luck! :)