Whine...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I've been spoken to twice about Alenya's whining. I've been treating it the same way as I had a temper tantrum. My husband tends to give in a little more, while I'm the one who sticks to the discipline. Do you think this could be why she just keeps whining to get her way?

Any tips to get the whining to stop??

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I think it might be a contributing factor. She needs to know mom and dad are a united front.

As for suggestions, Lauren used to whine a lot. I got to where I'd tell her "I don't listen to whining, so when you speak to me normally, then I will answer you" and she eventually got the point.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
When mine were that little and started to whine I told them I could not understand them and I would walk away and ignore them until they used proper words or calmed down.
Even to this day if mine whine I will say "I don't understand whine" and they will take a deep breath and try again.
It's funny because I look at them like my ears really can not understand them. lol

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
musicmom said:
It's funny because I look at them like my ears really can not understand them. lol

If you're like me, you like to aggravate, and you get that questioning look in your eyes and face and scratch your head like you're really trying your best to understand what they're saying.:laugh:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
They just know it takes alot more time to whine and have me not listen then it does to come up to me and speak the right way. They've been doing really well lately.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
if anybody is giving in to her it will stall any attemps at getting the whinning to stop...at least if she's anything like mine. All it takes is one person to give in to her and I've got a whinning child for week after