Why do women need so much iron during pregnancy

schneiderellie

Jul 13, 2021
Hi,
How are you!
I going to be a mother. I want to know that, how much I need to take iron. Can you give me some helpful info and insight about it?

Last edited:

emmamartinez

Jul 20, 2021
iron contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin and carries the oxygen needed by the cells of your body and your baby.
Iron deficiency causes fatigue, anaemia, decreased mental performance and greater susceptibility to infections. Women have higher iron needs than men: 16 mg/day versus 9 mg/day. These needs increase most during pregnancy, reaching 20 mg/day in the first months and 30 mg/day in the third trimester.

However, it is estimated that today 23% of women are iron deficient. Therefore, using a supplement is a common solution. This is why we advise women who want to have a child to make sure they consume adequate amounts of iron even before becoming pregnant. if you want to take an iron supplement. We suggest worry-free consumed frunutta Iron Supplements for Women.

Reactions: schneiderellie

schneiderellie

Jul 13, 2021
iron contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin and carries the oxygen needed by the cells of your body and your baby.
Iron deficiency causes fatigue, anaemia, decreased mental performance and greater susceptibility to infections. Women have higher iron needs than men: 16 mg/day versus 9 mg/day. These needs increase most during pregnancy, reaching 20 mg/day in the first months and 30 mg/day in the third trimester.

However, it is estimated that today 23% of women are iron deficient. Therefore, using a supplement is a common solution. This is why we advise women who want to have a child to make sure they consume adequate amounts of iron even before becoming pregnant. if you want to take an iron supplement. We suggest worry-free consumed frunutta Iron Supplements for Women.
Thank You @schneiderellie

Reactions: emmamartinez

lovingparents

Aug 12, 2021
Ghaziabad
www.lovingparents.in
When you are pregnant, there are certain things that you need to take care of like; pregnancy diet, Healthy habits, nutrients, etc. Many care required to make sure your baby is born healthy, and all these things might not be known to everyone, especially if you are pregnant for the first time. Don’t worry, as we are going to discuss a lot about pregnancy food tips, and other tips that will help you healthy weight; during pregnancy. https://www.lovingparents.in/pregnancy/tips-for-eating-healthy-during-pregnancy/

Reactions: emmamartinez