Why you SHOULD vaccinate your children....

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Ari2 said:
So you have the measles vax scheduled for next week, you have titers scheduled for June/July to determine immunity, and you have decided against the MMR and will defer further scheduling until age 3. This is a schedule, even if it is abbreviated, delayed, and not established all at once (I understand your caution after Nicole's reaction).

To have no schedule at all would mean random vaxes at random intervals. This wouldn't work for anyone, the ped, the clinic, or the parent. And if a parent decides the kid will be vaxed early in life, this needs to be established early.

I'm not saying that every kid needs to follow the recommended schedule. While I think it can cause problems on a larger scale, I believe parents should have a say in the vaxes their child receives. But to do this requires some sort of schedule, be it the CDC's, Dr. Sears', or something like you have put together with your doc.

It seems like we probably aren't in that big of disagreement about this and just misunderstood each other a bit.
Yep. For the most part. There is no schedule though, other then we keep going. The immunity testing is not for the measles vax she will be getting as it takes 6 months before they can even begin to test it. So she is being tested for the IPV, DTaP, and Hep B.
So the schedule I follow is just in my head lol. Her doc is perfectly fine with it. The problem with schedule that I have (personally) is it locks you into a time table thing, and we don't do that. As of yesterday she was not getting the measles vaccine at all because her doc could not find it for me. So we were not going to give it. When she called and said she found it, I made an appointment.