Working in the Home - balancing kids life and work

Emily24

Oct 17, 2020

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
Hello, Emily! I like that you bring up such an important topic. In our crazy world, it's hard to stay calm. Balancing between work and family is incredibly difficult, and many people don't think it's that difficult. I constantly hear: "Why do you say that it's hard or you?" And why shouldn't we talk about it? We literally work 25/8 and we deserve to be understood!

Reactions: Emily24

Emily24

Oct 17, 2020
Hello, Emily! I like that you bring up such an important topic. In our crazy world, it's hard to stay calm. Balancing between work and family is incredibly difficult, and many people don't think it's that difficult. I constantly hear: "Why do you say that it's hard or you?" And why shouldn't we talk about it? We literally work 25/8 and we deserve to be understood!
Hi Renata,

Absolutely! It's really interesting to hear your experience of other people not understanding why it's hard. In what context do they say that? - I wonder what their secret is! Such attitudes do seem to be part of the silence around the issue of housework though. And it's really odd considering how hard it is to manage it alongside all our other commitments - especially hard to share it out equally and fairly when you are in a relationship or sharing a household with other adults.