Would you ever subject your family to that show Wife Swap?...

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I wouldn't. I don't trust another person to come into my house and raise my kids. I think it's a bad game to play with your family.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I dont know...I think it's important for our kids to know that not all families do the same things we do, or they do it in different ways...but I dont think I would do it with my family, too dangerous.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
If my kids were 10 and up I'd do it in a heartbeat. The whole family gets to walk a mile in someone elses shoes.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I agree with 1day. If my kids were older than 10 I would probably do it. I have a three year old and 10 month old, so that'll be a no. I'm too scared to have some woman I don't know with my kids so young. They would be too little to understand what's going on.

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
I am thinking there is no woman bold enough to step in my shoes with all my kids and my schedule LOL :wub: All JK aside no I would not do it sure nice the $$$$ but for me my family life is just that and how I want to talk about it or let any one into it is up to me and DH we have few select friends ( Naturally I have all of you):) This is so another ball game and then having it all air on TV No thank you! ( You know what I mean?) More Power to those who do it.</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
Gina</SIZE>[/FONT]

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
1dayatatime said:
If my kids were 10 and up I'd do it in a heartbeat. The whole family gets to walk a mile in someone elses shoes.
Maaaayyyyybe if they were older. That's a big maybe. The money would be helpful but the whole world judging me and my parenting techniques is too much. Plus even though there are cameras all around you never knoiw what kind of freak could be coming into your house.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
The thing it seems with that show is that it's always one structured nice family switching places with some out of control white trash family where the kids get to cuss and punch the mom while the dad doesn't do jack.

It's so one sided! :p

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Foos thats the whole point. Stepping out of your comfort zone and realizing hey the way we do things is pretty awesome/craptastic and then going from there. We are usually too close to see our errors.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
The last one I watched was a very stricted Jewish family switched places with a semi normal family. It was crazy watching this poor Jewish woman try to find Koser food in the mid west. I think it teaches even the viewer a new respect for things that are different. Your right though sometimes the "other" family seems like they escaped from a mental hospitial.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
FooserX said:
The thing it seems with that show is that it's always one structured nice family switching places with some out of control white trash family where the kids get to cuss and punch the mom while the dad doesn't do jack.

It's so one sided! :p
LOL I know!!! I watch this show every time I see it going while channel surfing, and I always complain about this exact thing. It's always so unrealistic because they go to great lengths to find two COMPLETELY opposite families, and the families are always super extreme about their lifestyle, it seems too much for me.

I would consider it, for the money. Once Eli was older. However, I've thought of it before and I don't think my family would make it on the show because we're too normal, too average. Nothing super extreme about us. Most of the families they have on there actually appear to HAVE something kind of messed up in some way or another about them. I think that's what they go for, to make the show interesting. Though I'm not religious, if someone wanted to take my kid to church, or if they wanted to make him play with farm animals or do tai chi, I would be like... "um...ok". lol.

eleventy1!!

PF Regular
Oct 1, 2008
Minnesota
I doubt that we would be chosen for the show. We are quite boring and my husband is so laid back and introverted that the other mom's attempt to inject drama into our household wouldn't even get much of a rise from him. My kids would hate it, especially the youngest. Ugh. No thank you.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
I don't think I would want my family to do this show. I like the idea of different cultures and a mile in another shoes, but the people they pick are so extreme, I don't know if there would be any real value in that, unless you are the opposite extreme yourself.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
eleventy1!! said:
I doubt that we would be chosen for the show. We are quite boring and my husband is so laid back and introverted that the other mom's attempt to inject drama into our household wouldn't even get much of a rise from him. My kids would hate it, especially the youngest. Ugh. No thank you.
That's us. we're boring. Nothing extreme about us. We'd never get picked. I asked my wife one time that if we were to do it "what kind of replacement they would give me". She couldn't answer, I think that she didn't want to offend me. When I suggested Claudia Schiffer she just gave me that look. Husbands you know what I'm talking about. :D

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Lol my BF and I had the same conversation, but we went on and on about it, making fun of each other haha. He said "Oh, she'd make dinner every night, keep the house spotless..." Lol. And so on.