Would you spank a 15 year old?...

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
You expect the 15 year old to act maturely and with reason yet u resort to spanking them... Like they couldn't possibly understand a disciplined conversation ...

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
superman said:
You expect the 15 year old to act maturely and with reason yet u resort to spanking them... Like they couldn't possibly understand a disciplined conversation ...
Completely 100% agree.

Lisa Bunnage

Jan 18, 2016
Vancouver, BC
No. Spanking at any age is a sign of parents losing control. The best way to handle discipline with teenagers is to use leverage. There has to be something you can take away, usually a phone, for a period of time as punishment.

I have a free 3-Step Parenting Plan on my website which will help you set up a set of rules and consequences. Parents also have to be on the plan to set a good example. Plus, kids looooove punishing parents when they do something wrong ... fair is fair ;)

babybibsplus

PF Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2016
No, but I would talk to them about their behavior and there would be some type of punishment. With teens the best thing to do is to take away their phone and technology and also ground them from going out.