yesterday at the mall...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
my daughter was playing with this little girl in the play area at the mall, she was 4 and a young 4 at that. It was time to go and the little girl told us she was all alone there. I asked her where her mom was, she said mom had gone to the bathroom. I asked her where her dad was, she said she had no dad. we stayed with here about 15 more minutes when this girl and a very very trashy looking young man came wandering in and sat down. I asked the little girl if this was her mother and when she said yes, I left before I had to go over there and say something. How in the world do you leave a 4 yr old to play alone at the mall????

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Her mom looked like a man?? Or was that a mistype?
My jaw dropped when I read she was alone. That is fkn BS and I would have Sooooooooo called the law!
I have stopped children from walking into a parking lot at one of our parks. The parking lot and the park are about a mile apart!! Some parents need a good azz kickin!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
her mom came back with a young man...they had to be 19 at the oldest (not saying anything about young parents) the little girl had no idea who the boy was...some guy mommy picked up at the mall I guess

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yep, i would have notified mall security as well. We used to go to a playgroup at the mall and the many times we would be there and kids (8 and under) would be playing there with no parents. They would drop them off and go shopping!!!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
fallon said:
her mom came back with a young man...they had to be 19 at the oldest (not saying anything about young parents) the little girl had no idea who the boy was...some guy mommy picked up at the mall I guess
that's just wrong!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh and kudo's to you for staying with her! (now this is a forum where I can say you are a good mommy!!) lol

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I went to security after we left the play area...they said "is her mom there now" I told them yes she was and they said "well then there is nothing we can do"

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
What jerks! Next time call the law. Mall security are probably people who have no GED, no education and took the first paying job they could find because they do not actually have to SECURE anything! *venting* (I hope none of you are mall security officers ;) hahaha

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
they couldn't even do anything if she was left there. All they would do is wait for the mother to return

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
They should have kept Fallon anonymous and called the law themselves. Here in my town you are not allowed to leave your child alone. You can get arrested asap. You can not leave your child in the car alone either to run in and grab a soda.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
good!!! Thats the way it should be. Now I will leave Nichole in the car in my driveway, but I live the country and my only neighbor is her aunt! lol Not quite the same and I never leave her other then just running in the house to grab something I forgot! Usually the keys lol

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'll do that but I will lock the doors and keep the air on to go back into the house. lol My children and I have a certain knock for them to let me in the car too. They know even if I am standing with a police man that IF I do not knock the certain way that they are NOT allowed to open the door. Even if a police knocks on the car door they are NOT allowed to open it. (I guess if something happend to me they are going to have to wheel my dead body to the car for proof) lol so sick.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
At the mall here where my mom lives a little 10 year old girl was raped. She was at the movies and had to go to the bathroom and her parents felt she was old enough to go by herself to the restroom in the theater. I don't think they were in the wrong but these days you can't be too careful. Considering she was just going a few feet to the restroom and the unthinkable happened how can anyone in good faith leave their 4 year old in a play park?