1 day old baby kittens!!!...

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
I work for an all cat hospital and yesterday a family brought in three 1 day old kittens that they found in a parking lot. I am now bottle raising them-and what a chore that is. I was so worried about them last night and if they would even make it through the night. When they came in they were frozen little ice cubes and starving-not good for such little bitty guys. I was up every 2 hours feeding them and keeping them warm and now they are fat bellied little guys, and seem to be doing great. Although they are still not out of the woods. I am planning on keeping them here to bottle raise and when they are old enough they will go back to the vet and be put up for adoption. They are soo little and cute-we already have a weakness for kitties since we have 9, but these guys are gonna make a few families soo happy in about 2 months. Eveyone keep your fingers crossed that they make it throught the next 48 hours and keep gaining weight so they can be happy, healthy, fat little kittens!!!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Oh, I wish I could see them! Kitty lover here. Fingers crossed that they'll thrive under your TLC!

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Good luck! :)

When I was a kid, I bottle-raised 6 2-day old kittens after their mother was killed. One died within the first few days, but the rest did wonderfully, and my family kept one as our pet for many, many years. It was a ton of work, especially the first several weeks, but a great experience and really fun once you got past the no-sleep part (huh, this is starting to sound a lot like raising little humans :p).

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
We have made it past the critical 48 hours, and they are doing GREAT!!!! They are finally warmed up and are eating like champs!! Even the vet that I work for said that she is amazed that they made it the weekend.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
button611 said:
We have made it past the critical 48 hours, and they are doing GREAT!!!! They are finally warmed up and are eating like champs!! Even the vet that I work for said that she is amazed that they made it the weekend.

Woohoo, I would say you're out of the woods....

Standing Ovation for a job well done!

Wonderful.

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
Bad new to report, kittens were doing well but took a turn for the worse overnight, they are now dehydrated and I am having to feed them through a tube that goes straight to the stomach. I am hoping that they all pull through this but they are soo itty bitty it's possible that they will not make it. Keep your fingers crossed please.

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
I have some reallly sad new to report this morning, the littlest kitten died in my hands this morning. He was really weak overnight and I did everything I could but he was just to little to survive. :cry: I hope he is at peace now and that I can get the others past this and make them into healthy, happy babies.