1001 Books to Read Before You Die...

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
There is a list of 1001 Books to Read -

My husband and I are going to try to read all 1001 before our 15th anniversary.

If anyone else wants to try, here is the link:

http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.22845/Books[/url]

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Holy cow! That's a lot of books. How long have you been married? How many years left until your 15th anniversary? LOL! I've read tons of books, but after a quick skimming, only about 10 listed. I love to read, but DH doesn't read for pleasure. He simply doesn't have time and isn't interested. He reads a lot, but it's mostly work related. When life isn't too hectic, I average about a book a week.

Who made up this list and what is his/her criteria for putting a book on it? I recently read <U>Atonement </U>and didn't care for it.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'd be lucky if I could read one book before I die. Where do you two find the time?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
musicmom said:
I'd be lucky if I could read one book before I die. Where do you two find the time?

When my kids were little, I didn't have time to read. Now that they're in school and more independent, I squeeze in reading whenever I'm able. Quite often I read from one of my books next to my kids when they're doing their daily reading for school.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Hopefully I can do that when they are older. I try and do some reading when I am in the parent pick up line but most of the time I just watch the clouds and take in the silence before they get in the car. lol

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
We have only been married a little over a year, so we still have quite a bit of time.

We both are very fast readers. Both he and I can read about 100 pages in an hour. So it only takes us a few days to even read long books. Sometimes if I get a Saturday all to myself (you know, once in a blue moon) I can read 2 or 3 books.

He works from home and kind of makes his own hours, so he probably gets a couple of hours throughout the day to read.

I read on my lunch hour, and for about an hour before I go to sleep.

As for who makes the list, etc. I am not sure. I do know that it got a lot of criticism for not including more classics, the Bible and Shakespeare and stuff.

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
well i used to read alot when i was younger, but lately if i can find the time i cant stay interested. ive been on page 5 for 2 months LOL. the majority of my reading now comes from car magazines and forums

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
LOL. I love reading. I read everything I can get my hands on! Except I don't really do romance novels, because they are usually stupid. But any other topic is fine by me!

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
it's amazing when you think about it... of ALL the books that exist in ALL the world in ALL those languages and ALL those topics... you'll probably only read 1000-5000 more before you die IF you're a big reader.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
evilbrent said:
it's amazing when you think about it... of ALL the books that exist in ALL the world in ALL those languages and ALL those topics... you'll probably only read 1000-5000 more before you die IF you're a big reader.
Can we just buy the movie????:D

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Wow! I'll have to check out some of 'em. I read constantly, if I'm not on here, playin with the kiddos or cleaning/cooking. I was one of the dorks growing up, I guess. We used to go to yard sales with my mama, and I'd always go look and see what books they were getting rid of, rather than what toys.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
hannah's mommy said:
LOL. I love reading. I read everything I can get my hands on! Except I don't really do romance novels, because they are usually stupid. But any other topic is fine by me!

I'm with you! Romance novels... Ick! LOL!