12-Year-Old Daughters Secret...

Emily32

Mar 5, 2010
I have a problem with my 12 year old daughter.
Last night while she was at a youth club, i was putting some of her clothes away, when i opened her cupboard to put some jeans away i saw something pink in the corner, to my horror when i pulled it out it was a pink dildo.

I have no idea how she got it, and she shouldnt have anything like this at her age, the problem is how do i talk to her, cause she spends alot of time in her room, i always thought doing homework or talking to friends but now all i can think about is her using that thing...
Please help :(...

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Uhh. I'll give my opinion and stance on this, but yeah, its probably not what you want to hear.

My only concearn would be hoe she obtained it, because yeah, she's not 18, so id want to know where she got it from / if anyone bought it from her / hoping o god it wasnt someone else's before she obtained it, and I probably would question her on that.

As for the actual usage of it, id personally turn a blind eye. Realistically, she's not using it every waking moment that she's in her room, if she did, she would be sore as hell and walking funny. Plus, she's 12, she's going to get those urges, I would rather my 12yr old using a pink piece of rubber than an actual penis.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
oh dear.....

is she the type that would sit and listen? if so id have a momma-daughter chat. No yelling, no judging. Maybe just ask her how she got it.????

Im not sure how to approach it as i have a 2 yr old, and was never in that position when i was younger.

Anyone....FO6?? M2M???

Aunt

PF Fanatic
Nov 4, 2007
Id be a little concerned as to how a 12 year old got such an item. I hope it was brand new.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Um...wow...um....yeah....!

I honestly would have flipped on my kid, she would have been getting her botty home and doing a bit of explaining. First I would demand to know where she got it...at 12 this crosses a line, someone should not be giving my 12 year old a dildo (said person and parents would be gtting a call from me) then we would have a very frank conversation about sex and what is expected of her at this age (this would very with every family). While I firmly believe in safe sex, this is a grown up act, and at 12 even if it is safe, she is not grown up or mature enough to deal with it. I would not want my 12 year old to become reliant on a dildo for pleasure......I just wouldn't.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I'm beginning to wonder about some of the post this week. Really this doesnt seem a little insane?

12 and really only concerned about talking with her not where it came from or any thing else.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Troll.

Seriously, that's nasty. Wtf. (And I love how she mentions church directly before mentioning a dildo. Ha?)

Bssage, I was just talking about how I think it must be a full moon or something lol.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I'm thinking troll too but just in case

at 12 this crosses a line, someone should not be giving my 12 year old a dildo (said person and parents would be gtting a call from me)
I completely agree. I would be worried if my 12 year old had one but I think I would be more concerned about how she got it.

If it was a "hand-me-down" (ew) tell her #1 how gross that is, and #2 talk about STDs and how you get them. I mean either way we would talk about that, and have a long talk about sex and the consequenses (how the hell do you spell that?) of sex.

If she bought it at a store, I'd have her tell Amber and I where she got it. Then I'd go have a long conversation with the store owner and the cashier or whatever that sold it to her about age restricted items and the law on said items.

If she stole it from a store, then that's another major issue. You have an item that a 12 year old should not be using, then you have to fact that she stole something. If that's the case, talk about sex, and the fact that stealing is wrong and blah blah blah...you get it.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
Xero said:
Troll.

Seriously, that's nasty. Wtf. (And I love how she mentions church directly before mentioning a dildo. Ha?)

Bssage, I was just talking about how I think it must be a full moon or something lol.
now that i read over that post again, completely agree. GROSS.

lets just rile up people for kicks....ew

Emily32

Mar 5, 2010
Thank you all, i ahve talked to her and seemed to have sorted it out, i dont want to say much else about some of the other details but thankyou all for your help...

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
my guess would be b/c its a teen there was :eek:Drama:eek:.

but i'd end up getting the things completely destroyed that way there wasn't any question of no. :nah:
NO means NO.
no more discussion on it.
Nada.
zip it!
not another word.!
No.

No!

No.!!

No. !!!
now you're grounded!! git to your room now!!!<EMOJI seq="1f620">:angry:</EMOJI>
:yikes:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Honestly I'd be throwing that thing away so fast. And she would be in so much trouble. I'm sorry but a dildo at twelve... that's just skanky.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
uh oh.
which thread is this????<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>
reading back..uh oh.:eek:<EMOJI seq="2b55">:eek::</EMOJI>o
oops! gotta move the post.:eek:
oops!

i'll come back if i can even figure out where to begin.:eek:

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
ahhh.. understand now LOL...

and to OP ewww, throw it out.. 12 is waaay to young to even know about that.. let alone USE it there is a reason you can't buy them until you are 18... you don't know where she got it or if it was pre used (vomit) so throw it away and have a long and very thorough chat with her about why its inappropriate.