15 y/o has stopped talking...

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Xero, For a long time now,I'm not sure what your really talking about. I never said you know less because you are young.

You have taken every thing I said out of context from the very beginning of this thread. I'm truly surprised because from your other posts in the past,you always seemed to be right on target with what people were trying to say. You seem to be a bit more sensitive and augmentative, why?

Please tell me where I say the exact opposite in my post. I really insist that you point that out because you are accusing me of posting nonsense so at least back it up.

ALL I ever said that set you off is that I think lbb should ask her family members what they think before she calls the authorities on her aunt.

Please show me where I ever said anything other than that?

I have tried to drop this whole thing twice by writing only to lbb but you continue to answer when I do that. I'm really not sure what I'm suppose to do. Twice I directed my post to her, and you responded to both, she never did! I think you are the one who keeps flaring up the flame.

I don't have to agree with you. It's a free country and I thought this was a decent forum where you don't have to bow to the mods. I should have a right to my opinions like most people here, without having to worry that someone is going to "yell" at me.

I've never said anything off color like some people have, and I respect everyone's situation, if you think not ,than please have the courtesy to point that out to me without making untrue accusations.

I've seen many posts which I thought were off color, but tried to give that person or people the benefit of the doubt because I don't know them or their life situation.

And not for nothing but you actually posted this to lbb's first post
Quote by Xero" :Her parents probably know, but just don't want to share. Its probably very dramatic and personal, and maybe not your business (no offense just probably the way it is). Why don't you ask her yourself?"

This is exactly what I've said from the start. Just in a little nicer way. I actually said that her parents must know, and are trying to protect their daughter and told your grandmother to please keep it hush hush .
Same thing you said.

I'm still not sure what your so upset and defensive about. I'd like to drop it because it's not helping anyone by dragging on so long.

Can we please make peace?:)

rigatoni

Banned
Dec 3, 2010
Xero is actually a fat emo bitch who got knocked up and was to pussy to have an abortion.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
NancyM said:
I never said you know less because you are young.
If not that, then what did you mean by saying "I'm twice your age"?

NancyM said:
Please tell me where I say the exact opposite in my post. I really insist that you point that out because you are accusing me of posting nonsense so at least back it up.
I was basically just referring to what you said along the lines of "CPS does not just go away, so please don't suggest that" and all of the times you say that anyone can just call up CPS and find out who reported them.

NancyM said:
I don't have to agree with you. It's a free country and I thought this was a decent forum where you don't have to bow to the mods. I should have a right to my opinions like most people here, without having to worry that someone is going to "yell" at me.
You don't have to agree with me. What makes you think you do? And please don't pull the "you're a mean mod" card on me. I'm a human being, having a conversation/debate with another human being. Despite what you may believe, disagreeing with me will not get you banned. :rolleyes: I am not going to step on egg shells because my name says moderator above it. The rules of this forum do not state "agree with everything your moderator says".

NancyM said:
This is exactly what I've said from the start. Just in a little nicer way. I actually said that her parents must know, and are trying to protect their daughter and told your grandmother to please keep it hush hush .
Same thing you said.
Yeah but that was before she told us all of the other details, like shutting themselves out from the world and not going to school and not interacting with the family and shutting off their phones. That to me was a red flag, and changed my position on the matter.

NancyM said:
I'm still not sure what your so upset and defensive about. I'd like to drop it because it's not helping anyone by dragging on so long.

Can we please make peace?:)
I'm not upset. And I don't like dragging it out either. Really I think you're a really smart, caring, sweet person who always has such great and unbiased advice. I will be honest with you, I think very highly of your opinion! I think maybe we just hit a communication wall or something and maybe this topic is a little touchy for me, or what have you. I'm sorry for making it what it is and yeah I would like to make peace. I really didn't intend for there to be a fight. There's no reason to dwell, we should definitely be able to move on and I'd like to say that I'm sorry.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Thank you for the compliment Xero, I too think very highly of your opinions. I always thought you are extremely insightful for someone your age, and usually agree with what you say.

It's good sometimes to agree to disagree and just leave it at that. I didn't mean to contradict myself if that's how some of my posts come across.

I'm usually typing and working or instructing someone, and sometimes I fumble between my thoughts. I never mean to insult anyone on purpose but I suppose it will happen sometimes.

I apologize if I offended you. I am truly the kind of person who will stand up and go over board to protect a child. I would even bud into my neighbors business if I thought they were hurting a child.

I posted someplace that my very best friend was being sexually molested by her father during all of our childhood together. I promised my self when she told us at age 30, that this will be the only time I will interfere in other peoples lives, is if I thought they were hurting their children. And I will take the blows if I'm wrong. I am viligant at keeping my eyes open and I look for it in children's faces.

No child should be hurt, ever. And your story is too sad for me to even imagine for a minute.

P.S. I do like a challenging and intellectual debate sometimes, I don't get much of that anymore since my dad died and I miss it! Thanks. lol
Have a good night.

Aunt

PF Fanatic
Nov 4, 2007
I know i come to this a little late but the question running through my mind is what the relationship with the aunt and uncle was previous to all of this. If they all behaved normally before, it seems odd that their behavior has changed now. I would actually make one final attempt to talk before calling any authorities to whichever of the parents i was closest to before all this. if that does not get any result i would call then.
This sounds a little off the wall but they may have joined some kind of abusive cult

momofpandemoniu

PF Regular
Jan 20, 2011
I agree that it's strange parental behavior. I'm surprised the authorities didn't require the girl (and her family) to seek therapy after she was abducted. But then again, you did say that she stopped talking before the abduction, which makes it even more strange.

I'm sorry I don't have much in the way of advice. I'm new in here and have questions of my own. I do hope that you find answers.

Scott Painter

Jan 25, 2011
Would you happen to know if she is active on FaceBook or any other social media? Maybe you can look her up and say Hi.

mrene81

Jan 24, 2011
la
This story is so sad....only thing i could imagine as everyone else has said is something very life changing for this little girl...I will keep her and your family in my prayers

Mom2003

Feb 6, 2011
Indiana
I agree with everybody that has said that what ever has caused this is probably somthing that pretty big. With her being a good student and making good grades and so forth it is unlikely that she just quit talking because she is mad over something or her boyfriend broke up with her. She is a teenager who always talk about everything and about anything . When individuals do something drastic like stop talking for a long period of time, it can be a sign of post traumatic stress disorder or just complete shock. Things that run through my mind would be sexual abuse, death of a close family member, death of a close friend, unwanted pregnancy that ended in abortion, it could also be something that happened at school, such as bullying. What ever is causing her to be this way I hope that your family figures it out. i would say to tell your family to stay positive with her throughout all of this, she will eventually come around when she is ready. Tell them not to pressure her to talk or make remarks about her not talking. If it was caused by some kind of trauma then this is also a form of depression they don't want to trigger this into a deeper depression. Also stress to them to check on her often, not bugging her , but keep an eye on her to ensure she isn't tying to hurt herself. I will keep her in my thoughts, I hoe she gets better soon!