17 month old nap schedule...

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Mine did. And Lauren still does, really, only in a different fasion. She'll take 1 nap for near 3 hours.

My oldest two won't take a nap to save their lives.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
By that age my kids were down to one nap a day, usually from 1-3 or 4.

mom2tucknkae

Mar 27, 2008
WOW, you are lucky! I bet you have a very happy toddler! When my son turned 9 mos. old he began taking one nap for nearly 3 1/2 hours...he was a joy!!! Now he's 2 1/2 years and takes one pm nap for 1 - 2 1/2 hours.
However, my 9 mos. old daughter cannot survive without her am and pm nap of a couple hours each. I think it truly depends on the child.

Lissa, Does Oliver sleep well at night? Or at least COMPLETELY through the night?
If not, that is major indicator that he may be sleeping too much during the day...however, when they get in those growing spurts there is no stopping those naps- let them sleep...they grow when they sleep!!!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
He is quite happy....most of the time. lol

I can't complain because he's always been a good sleeper. He started sleeping through the night at 2 months. It was crazy. Right now he goes to bed at 7:00 and wakes around 7:00 or 7:30. He sleeps straight through, unless he's not feeling well.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
its normal if it is working. If he is sleeping well at night and fairly esy to put down then he is sleeping what he should be.
Nichole was down to one nap a day by the time she was I don't 14 months old or so, dropped her last nap around 20 months

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I can't stress enough that I REALLY don't think it's a big deal, sleep is great for kids. I would however possibly mention it at his 18 mo. appointment just in case. You never know what can be a symptom.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
At that age my DS slept 12 hrs. at night and took one 2-3 hr. afternoon nap. The amount of sleep is fine, but I would think 3 separate naps would make it difficult to run errands, make appointments or go on play dates, etc.. I think I would try to gradually morph them into one.

That said, DD was a totally different story. She didn't nap nearly as well. It was always a struggle trying to get her on a regular nap schedule. :rolleyes:

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
He hasn't been napping as well lately. Maybe things are about to change. He just took one 2 1/2 hour nap today. I think it may be teething though.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
My kids (now 18 months) nap from 1-2:30. They usually go to bed at 6 pm and wake up around 7 am.

I've heard a lot of stuff about what is the "correct" napping and sleeping schedule, but I think as long as your kid is getting enough sleep and is happy and thriving you are doing fine. :)