4mo old and moving sporadically...

Dad@20

Feb 27, 2008
Near Seattle
<r><COLOR color="black"><s></s> <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s> <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>When she lays on the floor sometimes she becomes overwhelmed with excitement and she with "flip" her right arm very rapidly. I’m afraid she will hurt her arm because she’s moving it so fast...<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s> <e></e></COLOR><br/>
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;:confused:</EMOJI>&lt;/E&gt; &lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; Any opinions will be much obliged. &lt;E&gt;:D&lt;/E&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
sounds normal. If its just her arm wehn she is ecited it probably is just that. NOw if her body is twitching, make sure its not a seizure.

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
Good advice Ktee.

My DD used to do this total spasm thing if you covered her face with a sheet. She'd kick and wave her arms and stop immediately when you moved the sheet. Her reaction was so extreme that at first we thought she was asphyxiating, but the fabric was too thin.

I think that their reactions can seem extreme because their nervous systems aren't fully developed.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
It's been too long for me to remember all that. Sorry, call and ask your ped.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
One thing you have to remember is that babies are ultra durable. It takes a whole lot for them to injure themselves.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I would say for now it sounds totally normal. Just keep an eye on her and talk to her Doc if you get to worried about it