7 dead in campus shooting...

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
In the book "The Tipping Point" they discuss the issue of "Social" epidemics. A social epidemic like one this is when when one event (College\high school shootings) start become more common.

The issue is not that lack of laws, such as gun control, it is social barrier has been breached, and others feel they have been given permission to carry out such acts because one or more persons have already done it.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
jtee said:
In the book "The Tipping Point" they discuss the issue of "Social" epidemics. A social epidemic like one this is when when one event (Collegehigh school shootings) start become more common.

The issue is not that lack of laws, such as gun control, it is social barrier has been breached, and others feel they have been given permission to carry out such acts because one or more persons have already done it.
Copy cat crimes. For some reason these kids think they are going to go down in the history books. It's a shame isn't it.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
FooserX said:
lmao...I know this is not appropriate, but that was pretty funny. :p
She was worried about putting this post in the right place...hehehe

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
Why not just spare everyone else's lives and take their own if things are so bad?? :mad: It's sad that things like this are becoming so common now :(

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I agree. Sometimes young adults can be so cruel. I wish they would just walk across the room and talk to each other instead of grouping up and leaving people out.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I have been thinking and listening alot about this. We live about 25 miles from Champaign where the guy was attending school. The big question everyone has around here is why did he go back to NIU? Why didn't he do this in Champaign-Urbana? It is so sad. I keep thinking about what it will be like when my kids go to college. Somehow this has got to stop or I will not let my kids go.

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
ljmahr said:
I have been thinking and listening alot about this. We live about 25 miles from Champaign where the guy was attending school. The big question everyone has around here is why did he go back to NIU? Why didn't he do this in Champaign-Urbana? It is so sad. I keep thinking about what it will be like when my kids go to college. Somehow this has got to stop or I will not let my kids go.
You can't really stop them from going to college, it's happening everywhere ...random shootings in malls, etc..that's what's so scary :(

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
hawtmama said:
You can't really stop them from going to college, it's happening everywhere ...random shootings in malls, etc..that's what's so scary :(
I've considered holing up and never coming out again. Seriously.

They found a gun on a little elementary school kid in our town. I hate sending my son to school every day.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Amber said:
I've considered holing up and never coming out again. Seriously.

They found a gun on a little elementary school kid in our town. I hate sending my son to school every day.
That's scary. What in the world did they do to him?

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I never heard anything more about it. Either I had not got the paper that day or didn't see it. I rarely watch the news, just read it in the paper. I know it's terrible that it even happened, but I'm glad it was a school across town rather than my sons.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Its so sad! I can't imagine what those families are going through right now. They all need a few more prayers

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
So did everyone hear about the girlfriend of the shooter going on CNN? I saw a little part of it on the news this morning. I guess he left her a note saying goodbye and he loved her. Like normally, she couldn't believe he would do such a thing.