9 month old and seprating with wife...

khdad

I have been married for 5 years to my wife. I have a 9 month old son, whom I adore. How is this seperation going to effect him now and later in life? It kills me inside to put him through this.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
It's hard to say how it's going to effect him. Every child reacts differently. There may be no problems, or there may be alot. He's going to know that something is wrong...children of that age react of emotion, and he's going to be in a very emotional situation. Make sure he's getting alot of love from both of you...keep all arguments away from him.

Good luck.

mch

Just never give up on him. Always let him know how much you love him. Spend quality time with him when you have him. A seperation is hard, but then you can have quality time with him. Just remember to ALWAYS show hom that you love him. Kids learn that parents do not have to live together to love them.

Broogem

PF Regular
mch said:
Just never give up on him. Always let him know how much you love him. Spend quality time with him when you have him. A seperation is hard, but then you can have quality time with him. Just remember to ALWAYS show hom that you love him. Kids learn that parents do not have to live together to love them.
Exactly, !:)

NinJaBob

PF Addict
People adapt. As long as you and you wife keep his best interest at heart and do your best to remain positive around him then it will all work out.

businmotion

Im just getting back with my sons mom. we were seperated by states for 3 months.:speechmumbles: It was hard, i was afraid he wouldnt know me or call someone else DAD. The legal stuff gets ugly and expensive and a guy can not win.:eek::mad:. unless she is a raging heroine addict no court favors the father.. Im not a woman hater , i just had a bit of a rough one and it looks to be ending..

:policeman:so i say stay away from lawyers if u can..:policeman:

your relationship with the mother is not a topic on conversation for the child , dont speak about her .. I dont know, im new.. Maybe u 2 will get back together,, if its best??

solider on brother..

Xero

PF Deity
businmotion - The last post date in this thread is over a year old. We ask everyone to please try not to post in any threads that have a last post date any older than 30 days, cause then its a dead thread and bumping it to the top will push the more current topics to the bottom. Please check out our guidelines. :)

http://www.parentingforums.org/f17/rules-guidelines-read-before-posting-7179.html[/URL]

Thank you!