A license for parenting?...

stepmommy0221

PF Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2007
montreal, quebec
In middle school? WTF? They should have ANTI-PARENTING safe sex classes to AVOID UNWANTED CHILDREN in middle school...we had thourough sex ed classes, which tougth us about birth control, STD's, peer pressure, drug and alcohol abuse amongst other topics...parenting tips in middle school...that's a laugh...if we give our children the proper tools so that they can avoid being in stupid parent situation...THAT's what we need...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Kaytee said:
you are right, I have no clue what it is like to breastfeed multiples, though I have friends that have and do. I'm not even saying that they should not be given formula. BUT 98% of ALL woman, regardles of what they think or have been told by doctors CAN breastfeed. There fore better education needs to be given to woman on how to do it successfully. And breastfeeding does not hurt if done properly. Again it is not about being "forced" its about education, and when 80% of woman attempt breastfeeding, but only 10% are doing it by 9 months old. There are some serious lack of education things out there. They should HAVE to attend a breastfeeding class so they are showed the dangers of formula feeding. THEN if they are unable to do it, they can have their formula
I was really for bf my babies. I bf my son until he was six months and stopped because I was pg with twins and was sooooo sick and had to take meds that I couldn't bf on.

Then with the twins, my littlest could not latch on at all. It was so heart breaking. I pumped for her and bottled fed her my milk. The biggest twin didn't have a problem. I think I bf them for four months. It was just too time consuming at that point.

Having three babies who all got hungry at the same time. The girls also had reflux so every time I fed them they threw up and had to be fed again. That's all I was doing every day all day.

I hated to quit bf'ing but I had to. I had really bad Post pardum depression so I had to make that choice of sanity or bf. Sanity won! I had to put them on some $20 a can formula and everything actually worked out ok.

SpitNCobra13

PF Fanatic
Oct 21, 2007
Upper Midwest
I wouldn't let the overbearing government get involved with anything to any greater extent than they already are! The government won't have a say in how I raise my kids!

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
Kaytee,
Why would the South rise in Civil War II? Are you assuming that the only anti-abortion folks in the country live down heah? We's also all stoopid.

Alex,
Are you from ND or are you there at the base? I went to UND for a few years. Small world.

Ali

SpitNCobra13

PF Fanatic
Oct 21, 2007
Upper Midwest
aliinnc said:
Kaytee,
Why would the South rise in Civil War II? Are you assuming that the only anti-abortion folks in the country live down heah? We's also all stoopid.

Alex,
Are you from ND or are you there at the base? I went to UND for a few years. Small world.

Ali
Cool! I am originally from Rhode Island, I came here to UND a few years ago for aviation, but dropped out to become a realtor, and im just doing that now! You are the second person on this board to have lived in GFK!

SpitNCobra13

PF Fanatic
Oct 21, 2007
Upper Midwest
Even stranger, I see you are in Raleigh now, and my sister goes to ECU for school, for no apparent reason I might add. Also, my mom was born in Raleigh.

melynie

Feb 17, 2008
I think it is an excellent idea.

It seems that intellectually inferior women are more likely to breed more children than their smarter counterparts. This tends to increase the proportion of "dumber" people in society.
More intelligent women tend to lead more interesting lives and don't have time to be bothering with dirty nappies and ga ga baby talk.

A good alternative to a parenting license would be to add contraceptives to the water supply, particularily for areas where there tend to be lots of breeders.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Interesting idea. But as many posts stated, it doesn't seem practical.

My twins were premature and had to stay in the NICU (my daughter for a week and my son for 2 weeks). During that time we got great education on caring for newborns. I met with a lactation consultant many, many times, and she observed some feedings. My husband and I bathed our kids under the helpful tutelage of a NICU nurse. They also gave us tons of tips on everything from soothing two crying babies to easier ways to dress them. Lastly, they provided a lot of encouragement, support, and positive feedback. After the extremely rocky pregnancy, c-section, and severe anemia, I so appreciated all of that. If everyone could receive such wonderful one-on-one care for several weeks at home, babies would get off on a much better start.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
melynie said:
I think it is an excellent idea.

It seems that intellectually inferior women are more likely to breed more children than their smarter counterparts. This tends to increase the proportion of "dumber" people in society.
More intelligent women tend to lead more interesting lives and don't have time to be bothering with dirty nappies and ga ga baby talk.

A good alternative to a parenting license would be to add contraceptives to the water supply, particularily for areas where there tend to be lots of breeders.
LMAO! **Thinks also of tampering with water line for low-income areas where all teenage parents on state assistance live**

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
ljmahr said:
I do not know about any other state but in Missouri when you get a divorce with kids you have to go to parenting classes. This seems weird to me. I mean you are already a parent, why would taking this classes make a difference?

'Tis the same in Tennessee.;)

symphonyodd

PF Regular
Mar 3, 2008
Knee deep in laundry
You know.. in 'theory' I can see this as a good option. I wouldn't want the goverment all up in my business telling me if I am an acceptable person in someone's eyes to have children. Also, I think of all the people who want to adopt because they couldn't have children. KWIM? There'd be next to none to adopt.